Facts and speculations

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Facts and speculations

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 12 years ago.

Ok, how about we gather the facts. Then speculate on 'em :P
I've read through a lot of stuff in english and german today, and I'll try to translate the *importat* stuff:

X:Rebirth != X4!!!!

-> There will be no planet landing.
-> There will be no running around stations.
-> There will be a way to "leave" the ship

-> We get stations managers, pilots, station personel.
-> Jump gates are gone.
-> SETA is gone.

-> Control of capital ships WILL be different.
-> The game will not be for console.
-> The interface will be easier to maneuver/use

-> There will be a new Economics system.
-> Ships and Stations will have parts (?engines, weapons?) which can be targeted.
-> We will be able to pick up wares of stations from space
-> There will be modding support.

**EDIT** Highlighted one certain word for future reference.. Cheers, NC Big grin **END EDIT**

Burn rubber, not your soul!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

I guess... although its an X game, set in the X-Galaxy.

Sad, would of been a nice feature to X.

probably wouldnt of much use, although would of been another feature to expand the game.

Not even in a space suit?

I just hope they dont cost more than they are worth!

-> Jump gates are gone.
What replaces them? is the game still in sectors?

-> SETA is gone.
You sure? wooh, thats one big change to the game-play

Yeh read about that. I think your be online able to order your ships around.

Wouldnt make much sense to be on a console anyway,

Lets hope its bigger change than TC's new interface. The easier it is, maybe the more people will play it!

I heard that one before too - TC.

-> Ships and Stations will have parts (?engines, weapons?) which can be targeted.
Sounds good!

mixed about that, a big part of space-games has been about landing!

Good!

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

It should be X4, can't see it not being. Well to me it will be X4 to ego it might just be Rebirth.

Planet landing is a good idea, although imagine the memory usage to get the detail of going through the atmosphere seeing the ground for miles etc... so I don't mind if it's not in.

I think this would be a good idea to have, although what would you be able to do. Maybe you could have it so your player needs to eat... sleep etc... and stations offer all this.

Not even in a space suit? We get stations managers, pilots, station personel.
I like to be able to control all my stations myself, so not really my cup' a tea.

-> Jump gates are gone.
**If I said what i was thinking Roguey would ban me,

-> SETA is gone.
See above comment.

^^Me likey a lot

I think it should stay as PC only, if it went to console the whole modding aspect would be gone.

Thank god!

No no no.... I like it how it is.

Perfection, my damage control idea comes into this well.

Maybe you could order them and a ship from the stations brings them to you capitol ship... (this will be a good idea as we con't dock TS/TP to caps.

***Has a party***

Mike_slain3

Mike_slain3 avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

if you look closely at the screen shots 2 and 3 you'll see tiny car sized craft flying around close to stations. it looks to me like they are flying from one part of the station to the other. it could be a very cheap looking way of adding "life" to the universe or hopefully....... we can have our own space cars! Alien Dance 1

Picture
NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 12 years ago.

guys.... please re-read what I posted:
"there WILL be a way to leave the ship"
.... :P

Burn rubber, not your soul!
Mike_slain3

Mike_slain3 avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

forget spacesuits I WANT FLYING CARS http://i.bnet.com/blogs/flying_car_fifth_element_sm.png

Picture
jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 12 years ago.

"-> Jump gates are gone. "

Only in the beginning. There is an obvious plotline if ever I saw one :P

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

i think this could be a future development, with the scale of internal modelling of stations i dont think we can be truly that far away from this... but im in two minds, done properly it could be great, if its a "cheap" patch in job i think it could be tacky.

no it seems we will still be held on some sort of flight deck/hanger, next to our ship, and again this could be a future thing to see, obviously if the Skunk can do it then its possible for it to be done. it will just be one heck of a lot of work to make each ships interior different!!

kind of the same as above, it seems to be limited on how and what you can do out of the ship,

this is one of the things im both dreading and looking forward to, it could make immersion brilliant, BUT if its a matter of only a dozen or so "models" of what they look like it will be kind of immersion breaking for me.

-> Jump gates are gone.
not true, they are still there, they are simply not working at the moment.... from my understanding of it, you get the standard highway for travel around a planet for example, which allows us to travel across distances and jump in and out as we please. we have super highways which allow us to travel around a system, (from planet to planet kind of thing) but the jumpgates will still be there for traveling from one system to another.

-> SETA is gone.
i wanna say thank god... but im holding my judgement of this fact till i play the game, without seta it could make exploring potentially boring if they dont have a decent balance to it some how.

yeh, no more taking command of an M2 and leveling an entire system, should help balance things better and in a way i like the idea, but you can still own them and command them like you would your NPC controlled ships currently.

this is one of the biggest reasons i LOVE Egosoft!! they dont dumb games down for the 12-16yr old console gamers who take a temper tantrum because they cant beat the computer, or because they need to think to play the game...

as ive said over in the Egosoft forums im hoping this may incorporate a sort of OPTIONAL RTS control system so you can command your larger fleets during your endgame. but have it optional to use, and dont take anything away from what we had to turn the game into an RTS.

all i can hope for is some sort of non player dependant system where the economy can stand on its own, yes we can influence it to certain degrees but we wont be depended upon to keep it running. i do like the idea of no "spawning" ships, everything being required to be built or produced, meaning that your stations mean more and your traders have a proper impact,

loving this idea!! take out a ships engines, sheilds, weapons then hopefully board it!!

-> There will be modding support
i think this was to be expected, Ego knows how strong their fan based S&M community is, they have even came up with things Egosoft have used, if they took it away more and more people would be scepticle of the games replayability if we didnt have access to the mods and scripts we have/had for the previous games.

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson

You need to log-in to post here.