1st October info

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » 1st October info

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hopefully you guys would of seen the info on either the Rebirth site or one the egosoft about the recent sickies on the egosoft boards about rebirth. Hopefully you read them.

So what do you think? are you happy with what ego are posting? or not? Any ideas you think are bad or good?

dathionk

dathionk avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

So far I'm not sure what to think. the one ship concept can be cool from a Han Solo feel. but all depends what I can do with the VR system. I also hope there will be actual fighter class ships otherwise why bother having carrier class ships.

as far as building stations go I'm glad we can actually arm them with turrets. any thing to keep my investment safe is good.

I am very interested to hear more about hiring pilots, and if we will be able to train them to be better or not. and can we still have trading MK3 or something similar.

I've plaid free lancer and enjoyed the space lanes in that game I'm not sure how I feel about it in the X universe so another wait and see.

Just my thoughts so far.
dathion

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hi and welcome to the site dathionk,

I guess thats the general feeling about rebirth: not sure what to think. I understand the series did need a kick, as the formula was getting old. However ego have changed so much that it bares little from the original X-Series.

One thing for sure: Rebirth is either make or break for them: we either gonna love the new changes, or hate them (wishing it was X3/TC). So far I havnt been too excited about it to be honest, I am more looking forward to Saints row 3 and Guild wars 2. Ego hasnt made it easy for us either, releasing very little info (and that being thought with mixed feelings).

Should rebirth be GTA space? this is what ego think.

dathionk

dathionk avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

My thoughts are this will be like XBTF with only one ship but with more options, mostly to try out the new design and if all goes well we will end up with an X2 kinda of game next time that adds more user ships with all the new options as well. at least that's what I hope.

and thanks for the welcome.
dathion

ktide

ktide avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Well, i honestly loved the idea of stations being weponized, it's gonna be awsome to mod like that, and may bring some fresh ideas into the game, plus more people. The grafics are cool on the ship anyway but i hope they boost or redo the sound, i know alot of people like the ingame music and such but i think since X2 with the same soundtrack is a bit too much, immersion comes from sound imho.

Besides, my Star Wars stations all need to shoot :p

novacatt

novacatt avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Besides, my Star Wars stations all need to shoot :p
- ktide

Hiya Roguey & Peeps, Wave

Pfft.... Somehow, I knew you were going to say that KT... :p Big Grin

Like many here, I too, can't wait to get hold of Rebirth...

Unfortunately for the guys like young mr KT here, it's gonna be a long, long wait (a few months at least) before ES (EgoSoft) release the modding tools to the community from what I've read... Undecided

Cheers & Thranx

change without Subject to notice.... :p watch this space... (<-- --> this one, not that one.. --> <-- Spit LOL)
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hey m8, nice to see ur around.

As for rebirth, shzz what's up with the lack of info? Its been months since it was first announced, yet hardly any-more info. A few old forum post isnt really enough!

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 12 years ago.

Egosoft have always been tight lipped on info for the x games. This is nothing new I'm afraid..

And yes I'm not dead Roguey :P I am actually looking forward to the new start, it has been a long time coming.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Always good to see people come back to the site - I used to be a bit too hasty about deleting in-active accounts before. Welcome back!

I dont know what to say about Rebirth - some of the new changes seem a bit odd. However just have to see how it all works later I guess...

You need to log-in to post here.