Will you miss SETA?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Will you miss SETA?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

I just looking at some videos of space lanes in other games - must say im still very mixed about the idea. SETA saved us a lot of time travelling and allowed us to point a space anywhere and go... from a gamers point it was invaluable.

However from a mod/scripter side of things can see how increasing the game speed gave way to odd things happening - as scripts/etc. didnt get enough time to run (seeing as the game is running at 10 times)... Suicidal autopilot.

Another way ego could of done the lanes is via jump drives. A jump-drive could create their own path in space. We seen them countless times in programmes like star trek etc. where a ship charges up, then blasts off in a straight line. Another advantage to a jump drive allows you to activate it any-time to reach a system, keep the feeling of freedom. Jump-drives could be only fitted on large capital ships - making them much more useful.

However with no option to change ships, this makes the jump-drive idea not work as well.

See im mixed about the whole thing? what do you think?

dathionk

dathionk avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

if wee still have trade ships to utilize this might be more convenient as there will be no point to save space for E-cells. but it might slow down the start up trading funds as well.

another thing to think on is if we are able to have wing-men how well will the formations hold in the high ways?

ACE

ACE avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 12 years ago.

Just a hint. You can replace SETA with a third party program, called "Cheat Engine". It does have a "speedhack" option, which can make games slower or faster, if you want. This way you can speed up your journeys in the future X game even if it won't have SETA.

Elsenor

Elsenor avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Yes I will miss SETA. I would like to retain this system, as going from fgactory to factory will make the game really slow. For me very frustrating. How would one tow a mining factory, ore and silicon to a place which would cross these lanes. Would one be able to do this at all, would it spoil fighting? Would it allow shortcuts while fighting or just wanting to stand and wait for pirates or even as an assasin, or taking on a job to kill a triator.

DmytroRudoy

DmytroRudoy avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

definitely will miss SETA,
although i am glad that X:R will have highways, the only game that i played which had something similar is Freelancer. In some sense if egosoft will introduce good enough network of these highways and bigger stations = less time just waiting - it is possible that this effect will be the same as having SETA. Although dark space exploration will be a bit boring without relatively fast ship.

You need to log-in to post here.