The Pride of Albion (Albion Skunk)

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » The Pride of Albion (Albion Skunk)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Seeing in Rebirth we will be limited to just one ship: Albion Skunk, what do you hope it will look like? or what class would you like it to be?

Do you think this might be the Albion Skunk:

Picture

Egosoft also have talked about rooms, which what rooms would you like to see? I think a hanger would be useful.

novacatt

novacatt avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hiya Roguey & Peeps, Wave

Hiya Bossman,
They've already mentioned what class "The Pride of Albion"/"Albion Skunk" will be.....

It's going to be a Corvette class ship aka M6....

Oh & that ship in the piccie? From what I can tell by looking at it, it's supposed to be a M1 Carrier, which is just slightly bigger then a Corvette class ship.... :p Angel

Hmm, what "rooms" would I like to see on the ship?
Well for starters, just like everybody else who's ever played X2, I'd like to have a full-on, proper cockpit with fully interactive displays as one "room" rather then being a camera stuck on/near the hull, I'd reckon a proper captain's cabin/wardroom wouldn't be bad either (IE: somewhere you could do "paperwork", make contract deals, etc from), I think a couple of proper turret cockpits wouldn't go astray either....

I'm sure there's loads of others I could think of, but that lot will do for now...

Cheers & Thranx

change without Subject to notice.... :p watch this space... (<-- --> this one, not that one.. --> <-- Spit LOL)
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hey nova, wondered where you got too.

Ah I didn't know it had been mentioned as a M6, although the poll could still work, as in what class would you of liked? ie. are you happy with it being an M6?

as rooms, I agree with you. A good cockpit is kind-of a requirement, (especially if its the only one we will look at from now). Hopefully there be stuff happening on it, as its going to get boring if its static.

A wardroom could be funny - im steering the ship in the nude!

DmytroRudoy

DmytroRudoy avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

I hope we will be able to change/upgrade our ship whenever we needed. That is at the beginning of the game have upgrades for m5/TS type explorer, and have an option to dock and redesign your ship anytime later in the game. Xseries is very beautiful example of combined economy and space flight combat simulator, and i hope they not going to change this by forcing us into slow M1/M2 or very vulnerable M5 (even if fast) ships. M3-M6 type of ships would be the best, we still can participate in capital ship battles without too much of danger from one hit kills and at the same time be able to help our own capital ships to win by destroying important surface elements.

ability to switch between cockpit and outside view is a must for me.
Hanger where i can see my drones\fighters. Office space where i can manage my missions, stocks, view game tables. Command deck where i can order my staff details in turret control (maybe take control of a turret myself if my copilot is somewhat decent and can keep us alive while I have fun around the ship. I want guest deck in TP - so i can meet people whom i am transporting to the nearest pirate station, maybe involve some action filled gun fighting to make them my slaves (X3 1 click command is somewhat anticlimactic). Some Hibernation chamber to replace SETA for long distance travel (important point - no sleep walking, observing outside at the same time). Cargo bay access so we can go and see what is transported (maybe police npc searches if illegal goods are involved - maybe a gunfight)).

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

The mentioned about sub-system. I hope there is rooms for each of them, so they can have people sent to them, or so that you can go in and fix it yourself.

If there are rooms, I hope it does not turn into a game where you control a character and walk round the ship most the time, that would ruin the idea of the X games.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

If there are rooms, I hope it does not turn into a game where you control a character and walk round the ship most the time, that would ruin the idea of the X games.
- bozo64r

True, ill hate to see it turn into this:
Picture

SMITHY77

SMITHY77 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

Oh come on, you just have to love the feel of Velour. . . . .

Think Kif could pilot better anyday than Brannigan.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

lol... Velour Smile
Nah... I was just giving a example if ES take away our direct control, then its going to be a game where we simply order people about. ie. controlling staff and drones, rather than pilot the ship.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Nah... I was just giving a example if ES take away our direct control, then its going to be a game where we simply order people about. ie. controlling staff and drones, rather than pilot the ship.
- Roguey

I believe that it will be like that for capital ships. I read that you won't be able to control any capitals ships via their cockpits. This is be a kick in the gut for some people's game play style.

My biggest problem with this ship btw is the name. Who in their right mind would name their game's flagship "Skunk"?

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

My biggest problem with this ship btw is the name. Who in their right mind would name their games flagship "Skunk"?
- Seygantte

Maybe to stop people from boarding it? ROFL

SMITHY77

SMITHY77 avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Big kick in the teeth from what you have been saying.

Well named "skunk", this stinks from ES!

Triscopic

Triscopic avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

- bozo64r

Someone on the forums suggested the described UI sounded a lot like the Hyperion from Starcraft 2. I'm inclined to agree, and I liked that UI.

I think "Skunk" comes from "Skunk works" as in:

Skunk works is a term used in engineering and technical applications for secret (black) projects
- Wikipedia

and

Skunkworks project, a project typically developed by a small and loosely structured group of people who research and develop a project primarily for the sake of innovation" (Wikipedia)
- Wikipedia

Given the "heavily modified" nature of the Albion Skunk, I guess it makes sense.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well then I think "Skunk" is a stupid name for both of those things too then :P

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I just hope its not as ugly as the X3AP version:
- Albion Pride,

Boy, thats one ugly ship!

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

there is a lot of speculation about the Skunk, including customising it (physically)... i personally dont see that happening but hey, maybe... would be pretty cool (just got an image of "PIMP MY SKUNK"). but yeh i do think the AP version is pretty ugly... but something i have noticed about the model itself. if you look at the "wings" down the sides and also the Engine housing it looks like they are almost hinged... this perhaps could mean in Rebirth they could move, leveling the ship out, and changing the configuration slightly, a bit like how the S Foils on the X Wing could change some properties of that. yeh its pure specualtion but with a more powerful engine and new game entirely its gotta be a possibility.

i would also agree with EGO about the Skunk being an M6. from what gets posted it look like the majority of people prefer playing M6's... HCP's, Hypes, SB's being among the most comon playerships. so i suppose it makes sense giving the player an M6 as the playership. just hope the thing can be upgraded to something useful which the one in AP isn't.

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I guess after all this time we still have no idea what the heck the ship will look like in X-Rebirth?

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.