Question: Factory Complexes

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Question: Factory Complexes

sproggit

sproggit avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 12 years ago.

Does anyone know if Rebirth will feature a decent "factory complex designer" by any chance?

When I first started playing Reunion and experimented with factory complexes, I ended up with absolutely awful, sprawling masses of "connector pipe" spiderwork. The factory placement option in the game was a complete joke, and to make matters worse there seemed to be little or no thought as to how the "connection points" on the various factories had be planned out. In short, it was awful...

I'm really hoping the the Egosoft Team will have put some though into this and come up with a way of making it much easier for us to build elegant, patterend and well-ordered complexes, should we wish to do so...

In reunion I eventually gave up with the hap-hazard approach and started to use the "Factory Complex Constructor", a script which can be used to move factories within a sector [and requires a ship in sector with a Tractor Beam equipped in a turret].

I'm hoping for good news.

Has anyone heard anything either way please?

Thanks in advance...

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Well its def. changed, as they said about complex modules rather than linking stations together. You may find egosoft post useful, here.

sproggit

sproggit avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 12 years ago.

Thank you - interesting reading.

I'm still really enjoying Xtended 0.75 for Reunion. I bought Terran Conflict and also Albion but for some reason find myself staying with Xtended for now.

I really hope the guys pull out the stops and give us something special,

Time will tell...

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

When it coems to complex building, I am not really bothered if it is not the same on Rebirth. I hope however you can still build station for you complex, will our ship that we have be able to or will we have to constantly hire TLs to do, and with huge complex builders that build on a huge scale like somje of the people on here do... it will be irritating :P

You need to log-in to post here.