Station defenses.

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Station defenses.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

One thing I would like to see on Rebirth is stations that can equip weapons and missiles. Maybe not all stations but main ones, like the trading stations, HQs, EQ Docks and shipyards. So that they can defend themselves as well the fighters helping them.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

...or make Orbital Defense Platforms available to the player.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

That would cost more money, I expect at least 50million for the defense platform (weapons included in 50mil) for a station, standard price + weapon price.

But yes I agree with you 100% there. You could probably script it to allow you to have them.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 12 years ago.

If I remember correctly there are weapon defence modules on the stations.. And I have been wanting this feature since X2

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

It would be a nice feature, although ego havnt really released a lot of information on this (well what ive seen). Hopefully it wont be a feature that they didnt have time to do. I seen a lot of things over the years which didnt make it to release.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

Yeah it's listed as one of the features Roguey, you can mount shields and weapons on your station turrets.

Do you remember the old X2 pirate stations? They had turrets around it although they were never used or had the option to mount weapons. Wondered why nobody modded it in tbh. There have been other space games with weapons on stations and it makes alot of sense... Even fighter wings being onboard stations In x2 was superior to the farce x3 was when it came to sector defence.

You need to log-in to post here.