[Suggestion] Make jumpdrive XL cargo

Home Board Index » Roguey's X3 Mod » Suggestions » [Suggestion] Make jumpdrive XL cargo

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 13 years ago.

we all know what a jumpdrive is, and why you want one. It's a useful little thing to have, BUT it does kinda make the game a little too easy. almost every ship can equip it, so why even bother with docking ships on larger ones? just to save energy cells....yeah...y'know you won't care about that.
What I'm proposing is, to make the Jumpdrive fit only on M6 and bigger ships.
TS can have them too (to atleast give those traders a chance).
The point here is to be more tactical about ships and their combat uses. it would also make carriers/TL's/M6/M6+/M7 a lot more important, not just as battle ships, but also as carriers.

So, changing it from M to XL cargo should do the trick. Another thing I'd like to say here, I feel this is a game balance thing, and as such should be implemented in classic rules directly.

Burn rubber, not your soul!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

hmm.. that would make sense, although would people mind removing the jumpdrive from the smaller ships? as we have got used to using in smaller ships.

I do agree although, it can be installed in too many ships!

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 13 years ago.

Well...those who play Classic Rules want things to make more sense, be harder and more tactical, So I don't think they'd mind.

Burn rubber, not your soul!

You need to log-in to post here.