Some question about X3 Reunion Roguey's Mod

Home Board Index » X3: Reunion » Scripts and Modding » Some question about X3 Reunion Roguey's Mod

Joker

Joker avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 8 years ago.

I have played for a little without and with your mod, and i have some questions.

1) I have played not so a long time, but i noticed that trading is more hard with your mod. Is it true ? I remember that, in vanilla version, i had no trouble to automatic trading, but at now, with your mod, (except about energy cells) it seems that the Most of the time, all of the production stations have higher prices than the buyer stations, so my autopilots remain in standby a lot of time. If i try to trade to myself i have a fes chances to buy with a good price and to sell to anyone, even if in a far Sector. i waste my time Looking opportunities all around. Any suggestions ?

2) I remember a warning about installing ships in the Roguey's Mod. Is this why my ship is not working? I had a try to extract/create a ship with the X3 editor, cause i was bored about the original fighters "at start". Some of them are too much slow and no credibility to be "fighters". The Discoverer i get at start, is quickly enough, but too much weak to compete against the hunting enemies. And with hard trading,and hard capturing enemy ships, it take so a long time to have money for a new ship.. that anyway will have stronger shields and weapons, but low speed. So i had a try to mod the terran M4 Mjollnir, To make it a little more versatile and fast (I do not love extreme changes). It seems to work in the game without your mod. Infact when i installed it on vanilla game, It was in the argon station, but i had no way to buy it (and so i dont know if it really was working, but it was there). I installed it in the Roguey's mod version, but it seems there is no Mjollnir in the game. So i had a try with a script, following your nice guide. I can create a Nova, in this way, or a mamba, but ther is NO Mjollnir In the menu of choice, in the script editor of the game. This is not a really very important question, of course. But my point is: Why is there the terran race, but not the terran ships? I even have not seen, in the terran sectors, any station in wich i could buy a terran ship. This is the reason for which I have asked you, in another post, if I could install one or two of the ships that are in the section of this webpage.

3) Traveling in new sectors, I noticed that they are apparently empty and with activity almost zero. Furthermore I do not see any activity about Xenon migration. Is this script, and the other scripts, not compatible with your mod? Should I wait for a while, before the sectors will become more active?

Thank you, and sorry for my bad english.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there, thanks for your questions. Your English is fine; ive seen a lot worse.

1) I have played not so a long time, but i noticed that trading is more hard with your mod.

Trading can not be directly effected. Its handled by the game, and will vary on every new game. You could argue trading might be harder, as there could be more enemies, although its hard to say; because each game has random things. So it will vary on every new start.

2) I remember a warning about installing ships in the Roguey's Mod. Is this why my ship is not working?

The reason behind this is that many of the ships use special models, textures, moving parts. To take them out of a mod requires a lot of experience, and even then they may not work. X3 isnt very forgiving, and will simply crash. Editing stats would be fine, but exporting/importing ships could cause some issues (ie. ids not aligning up). I dont know how cleaver the tools are, but usually a human is cleaver than a tool Smile

When creating the mod, I made sure (as far as I could), that everything worked well together.

3) Traveling in new sectors, I noticed that they are apparently empty and with activity almost zero. Furthermore I do not see any activity about Xenon migration. Is this script, and the other scripts, not compatible with your mod? Should I wait for a while, before the sectors will become more active?

Again, this vary on game start. Things could happen in the future or not; I cant really say how every game will turn out. Also does every sector need tons of activity? isnt it more varied with sector with less happening? There are other sectors which are the opposite end, those being very busy. I wanted to make the universe and more varied place.

Joker

Joker avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 8 years ago.

Thank you sir.. Smile

You need to log-in to post here.