Taking Sceenshots.

Home Board Index » Terran Conflict » Technical Support » Taking Sceenshots.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 13 years ago.

Hey,

When I try to screenshot my X3TC game... all i get is a black images when a look at it. Any ideas what it could be, or what I could do?

-Regards

KongRudi

KongRudi avatar
Level badge (5)
Posted 13 years ago.

You could allways capture the entire screen of what you are looking at with CTRL+Shift+Print Screen, and load MSpaint, and paste it into a new image (Ctrl + V).

But then you'r screen capture would contain pointer, HUD and eventual menus you have up aswell..

For fixing the ingame screenshot function, I would first check if there are newer graphics card drivers available.
If you're using a newer windows, you might also try to switch from a them to a simple image-background in Windows if you're using something fancy like glass-theme, or maybe deactivate that right-side overlay with mini-programs, if you have that active.

Don't know about what else it could be. :-/

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I know how to take screen shots, it's just when I paste them into a program be it MSpaint or fireworks, it just comes up with the window of x3TC and a black playing area.

My Graphics Card is a few years old I will need to get a new one soon,

Also, you said about when you screen shot you they HUD up if you press Ctrl+H in game, it gets rid of all the HUD.

One annoying thing is, I could take screenshots perfectly with X3R but X3TC does not want to work.

KongRudi

KongRudi avatar
Level badge (5)
Posted 13 years ago.

Sounds like a similar problem I had when trying to take screenshots from Windows Media Player back in the day. I solved that by turning off video-accelration.. :-/

Dunno what to do if that dosn't worl.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I will keep bashing at it trying to make it work :P

WMP never lets me take them, it stops it somehow, how do you turn off Video Acceleration?

KongRudi

KongRudi avatar
Level badge (5)
Posted 13 years ago.

http://www.deskshare.com/resources/articles/dmc_turnoffhardwareacceleration.aspx

You need to log-in to post here.