Display Driver Failing

Home Board Index » Terran Conflict » Technical Support » Display Driver Failing

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 13 years ago.

Hey,

I have been playing my Terran Conflict Game, and sometimes throughout the game, mainly in battle scenes. The game freezes and it's like the RGB cable feed is cut from the monitor (19" TV in my case) It used to come back and I would carry on playing. Now though, it totally crashed I got the dreaded blue screen and white writing, saying my display driver had crashed and failed to recover.

I have had one theory, I am using my TV as a monitor, could the computer not be able to hack sending the data of TC to the TV because the TV is to big or something.... I will try my old monitor again.

Any ideas on what the hell is going on?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

sounds more like a driver problem than anything else... or something clashing with your driver.

I'm using a TV as a monitor via HDMI, without any problems. So I doubt its anything to do with your hardware. btw, how big is the TV we are talking about? - just wondering Leave

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

TV is only 19"

I have found out it is not the TV, I plugged in my old monitor and the same problem occurred.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

well, all I can suggest is to do a windows update (make sure your windows/directx are up-to date) and then update your graphic drivers. Other than that, im at a loss.

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hmm, I have a couple ideas, but please, can you first state:
CPU
Graphics Card
Driver version
Windows version (updates and all)
installed drivers and frameworks (.NET etc.)

I've seen this before, and there are a number of issues possible. In any case it's worth updating windows itself and ALL drivers. Don't assume it's the display drivers fault, sometimes other drivers can crash that one.

If it doesn't work, you might wanna completely remove the driver, and reinstall it. Again, for further info google, or give the info Big grin

Burn rubber, not your soul!
bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

It's sorted now, all I needed to do was update my driver.

**Locking thread**

Sorry but this thread has been locked.