White Earth issue

Home Board Index » Terran Conflict » Technical Support » White Earth issue

GabrielSouto

GabrielSouto avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi! Sometimes, when I'm at sector Moon, Earth looks like this. Not always, but sometimes. Any solution? I updated to latest video drivers, but I'm sure it's not that, because the rest of the planets look just fine every time. Thanks in advance for any tip!

Picture

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

hmmm. my first thoughts is to do with texture quality or max. viewable range? maybe even that automatic thingy in the setup menu?

GabrielSouto

GabrielSouto avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

hmmm. my first thoughts is to do with texture quality or max. viewable range? maybe even that automatic thingy in the setup menu?
- Roguey

Mmm... could be, but it's the only planet with that 'problem'. The rest show texture no matter distance. Ok, thanks, I'll first try changing settings.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

well, the other possibility is that maybe somehow it got installed wrong? have you tried a re-install?

GabrielSouto

GabrielSouto avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

well, the other possibility is that maybe somehow it got installed wrong? have you tried a re-install?
- Roguey

That would be my second approach to the problem.

GabrielSouto

GabrielSouto avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Picture

So far a reinstall solved the problem... so far.

Picture

Now, I can even see my city lights! (Montevideo). Thanks, Roguey.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Ah, that looks much better - was that due to a re-install?

GabrielSouto

GabrielSouto avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Ah, that looks much better - was that due to a re-install?
- Roguey

Yes, but when I came back a second time, Earth was white again. Mistery unsolved.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Very odd, well unless there is any other problems.. maybe you could not look at it? LOL

GabrielSouto

GabrielSouto avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Very odd, well unless there is any other problems.. maybe you could not look at it? LOL
- Roguey

Should I look for a therapist? Dunce

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

hmm.. well if you tried a few things and you cant fix it, then if its just one planet in one sector looking strange is it much of a deal? I havnt got a clue after the things you tried, unless someone can suggest something else?

GabrielSouto

GabrielSouto avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

hmm.. well if you tried a few things and you cant fix it, then if its just one planet in one sector looking strange is it much of a deal? I havnt got a clue after the things you tried, unless someone can suggest something else?
- Roguey

You're right, not big deal. Let's leave it that way. It's just that it was a little strange, that's all.

You need to log-in to post here.