Transferring Saves Issue

Home Board Index » Terran Conflict » Technical Support » Transferring Saves Issue

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

I had ordered a new graphics card for my main PC (the old one melted) and I was playing TC on my spare PC; I had done quite a lot, with a couple of my own stations, my own TL, a small fleet of fighters and had just recently bought and equipped a Panther up. My new graphics card arrived, I got my newer PC up and running and decided I wanted to transfer over the save file from my spare to my new PC, so I transferred the X01.sav (and the X02.sav, which was a Yaki start I had done as well) and put them in the ProgramFiles>Steam>steamapps>common>X3TC>PluginManager>Saves>Modified folder, as this is where my previous saves (that I didn't want) were stored; but a weird thing happened when I started the game up...

I loaded the first save, which was my main save file that I had transferred, but it had rolled-back a couple of saves to where I had just literally finished equipping my Panther, where I only had 1.6mill, but on my spare PC's save file I had 14mill because I had repaired and sold 2 bombers, done a couple of high paying assassination missions and had done 3 more O:FF missions, but on my new PC it appeared like none of this had happened! My Yaki save file had not be rolled back and was exactly where I had left it!

I had also noticed that the three auto-saves had changed to be three different saves in Saturn from an old Terran start I had done, even though i didn't touch the auto-saves; but now if I transfer any save from my spare PC, or delete any .sav files in the save folder, it will always stay with those 5 saves (the rolled back Main save, the Yaki save, and the three Saturn autosaves). Its extremely weird, any suggestions?

I will be the one to take you down!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

arent saves normally found in My Documents > Egosoft > X3TC > saves ?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

They are, although it might be different for a Steam version of the game?

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yea, i'm on steam for TC, that's what throws most people off... I don't mind too much redoing that work, its just a bit of a pain in the bum! Reping two bombers for a combined total of 120% hull health isn't my idea of fun... but I need the money and I don't need any more bombers!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

You dont have two lots of saves? one in the steam folder, and another in my docs? hence the roll-back?

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ahhh there are some in there!! Didn't know about them! Still doesn't explain how my main save (let's call it Alpha save) was rolled back a few saves; I exclusively played Alpha save on my Spare PC, and I only transferred the most up-to-date version of Alpha save to my newer PC, so it's strange that when I run Alpha save for the first time on my newer PC, it's not the most up-to-date version and has been rolled back 2/3 saves... Where the hell did it get the previous save from!?!

I'll try overwriting the saves in My Docs, but if that still doesn't work i'll just abort the issue and redo that work on Alpha save, it's annoying, but not game breaking!!

**EDIT: Aha! That worked! That was where it was loading the saves from! Thanks guys for the assist! Much appreciated!

You need to log-in to post here.