Xtended mod for rebirth

Home Board Index » X Rebirth » Scripts and Modding » Xtended mod for rebirth

Mike_slain3

Mike_slain3 avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Yes a little early to be thinking of it but imagine.. Old ship yards in the rebirth galaxy where you could buy some of the ships from Terran conflict? Fully intergrated pirate game starts. It would be awesome if egosoft made it relatively simple to mod. A new engine means alot more possibilities Alien Dance 1

Picture
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Well I cant see egosoft reducing the mod/script support, although I can see them adding more xml style coding to their engine.

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 12 years ago.

I don't quite understand what the topic name had to do with that, BUT I really really really really really really really really really and COMPLETELY seriously and honestly hope they don't look too much at the Xtended mod.
It's unbalanced, to say the least. The weapons spam is worse then in Vanilla, and Fighting seems to be the only thing you can really do in there.

So pretty pretty please don't do that egosoft.

Thank you for your attention to my rambling.

Other then that, I hope for a revamped Script engine. This would be the most important stuff I guess.
I DO fear through them making the scripting even worse, just to accomodate some features they deem neccesarry. This has happened a lot in the past, especially when company's decide to "overhaul" their game engines (UT-UT3, battlefield series, C&C and many more).

Burn rubber, not your soul!
DmytroRudoy

DmytroRudoy avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

i am afraid they are more likely to make this into completely economic\trade management game with you standing there watching through a cockpit window as your co-pilot now does all of the flying\shooting, your captains controlling your fleets, your factories controlled by factory CEO's.

They did mention that although engine overall is significant, they still going to use something similar:

"The new engine supports a scripting system very similar to the MD language used in Terran Conflict. It will be strongly modified for the new engine, but if you understand MD already, chances are that you will find it relatively easy to write missions for the new game. XML based languages are also used in many other areas of designing a game with the new Rebirth engine."

It scares me a bit that they specifically said - missions; not generally modding... but missions. There is a chance that egosoft will pull a plug on everything else or make it somewhat hard to mod.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

Egosoft will do all they can to aid modders, this I can say for certain. Let us not forget the last 2 expansions were community made and backed by Egosoft while they developed TNBT.

To be honest modding x3 would be a better way to go as too many needed features seem to be gutted from Rebirth to make viable.

SpiritOfDeath

SpiritOfDeath avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

For an Xtended mod, i would love to see a connection between Argon and Rebirth space. Maybey have a secret gate along the highway that no one has discovered, and that links to Argon space, who also doesn't know about the gate, and you can start to work with the Argons, buy their ships and station ect and see how they would fair after the great gate shut down (didn't plutarch share their space highway tech with Argon in Albion Prelude?)

Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! *falls over*

don't look at me D:
novacatt

novacatt avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Hiya Roguey & Peeps, Wave

Hooboy.. ok guys, I seriously doubt AS (Aragon Speed) & Co will be interested in making an eXtended mod for Rebirth, as they've lost complete interest in making mods for now...
How do I know this, some of you may be asking? I'm also an admin over on the TXU (The X Universe) forum, where AS & Co made the eXtended mods (XTM & XTC), with only one guy from the dev team (K.J) left making patches for any major issues that crop up in the mod....

I suppose I could ask them whether they're interested in making XTR any time soon..... Roll eyes But if I do, I expect this to happen: Sniper Guns Flame (that's just from AS alone... :p)

Cheers & Thranx

change without Subject to notice.... :p watch this space... (<-- --> this one, not that one.. --> <-- Spit LOL)
Staberind

Staberind avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well, Observe has a tutorial on making new zones, we have 4 gate interconnects, I have not yet looked at the x3 map to work out what changed, gate wise, but the highway system makes things on an x3 perspective massive. but not impossible. making and activating gates as the game progresses, or as they are discovered seems possible, people are working on importing models and textures, I "suppose" that if, the drone system were re-purposed, other ships could be flown. (that appears to be the simplest method,) unless someone makes a "Mothership" we can dock and change ships at.....

John_Colman

John_Colman avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 1 year ago.

I hope i am not too late to this idea, but since 2020 i created 10 new star systems for X Rebirth and they might be the closest thing existing to what was asked for.
So for anyone interested you can take a look at here: https://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/users/8345662?tab=user+files

You need to log-in to post here.