Two questions from newbie

Home Board Index » Roguey's X3 Mod » General » Two questions from newbie

Calgacus

Calgacus avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 13 years ago.

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and to X3, although I've been playing X2 for some time.
Two things are bothering me. Firstly, I'm used to the HUD on X2 where I can see my energy levels and thereby judging how often I use my guns, but on X3 there is no indication of energy left. Not until the computer tells me and I find I'm a sitting duck for a short while.
Secondly, I'm looking for the 'hidden' ships on Roguey's mod v3.3 but can't get my head around the map co-ordinates. Can someone help me, please?
By the way, Roguey, great mod!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

Hello and welcome to the site!

The weapon energy is actually on the HUD - although its rather small and could be missed easily. Just above each gun there is a small red bar. This small bar is the energy of each gun.

Picture

This is something that many of us didnt like with X3/TC... the HUD can get very small at high resolutions.

as for cords, there are two sets. Firstly the sector x and y. These tell you how many sectors right, then down. I have updated the guide so the sector cords start at 1, 1 rather than 0, 0.

The second set of cords are the Cords in Sector. When in your sector map you should see three numbers at the bottom right of the map, these numbers should tie up.

I hope that helps!

Calgacus

Calgacus avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 13 years ago.

Thanks Roguey! No wonder I couldn't see the energy readout! Thanks also for the co-ords explanation. I might not get lost now!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

Well, if you get lost just ask Smile

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 13 years ago.

Just let me welcome you Calgacus Smile

You need to log-in to post here.