praise,ideas,problems,suggestions,and more! :D

Home Board Index » Roguey's X3 Mod » General » praise,ideas,problems,suggestions,and more! :D

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

Well the TC mod isnt as big as the X3 mod because there was no BBS. I never really like that xml language: It must be slower and doesnt feel like real coding. I think in rebirth they are moving more into xml style coding which isnt a great thing to hear.

I didnt make classic rules in TC because there's even more ships to edit. Its not like I can simply copy 'n paste the tships from x3. There have been changes to the tships file so things wont align. I know that the bitmasks for lasers and missiles are completely different in TC too. I didnt fancy editing another 300-400 ships.

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 13 years ago.

well to be honest, I'll probably won't miss it Big grin
I still think that X3R is a quite good sandbox Big grin
about X-rebirth...well let's not get our hopes up to high, but not to low either Big grin

Burn rubber, not your soul!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

You wont miss the BBS? The bbs was a great feature, allowing modders and scripter to display useful information to players.

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

You wont miss the BBS? The bbs was a great feature, allowing modders and scripter to display useful information to players.
- Roguey

I meant, I won't miss X3TC Big grin
Actually I completely agree BBS messages are fun, there was a script I was thinking of installing, that had like 3~5 books and would display one chapter per chapter on the BBS. Yeah I kinda like to read all the stories and stuff Big grin

on a side note, you have any idea why the player owned stations dont have BBS?
That's kinda unfair....I mean c'mon, I want to be docked at MY stations reading BBS, and not pay docking tax to some other *** Big grin

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

OH MY GOD!
I've just been the first time to Rhonkars Fire personally. This sector is amazing. Dude, I'm totally gonna start making pictures of these sectors and posting them around....this is insane!

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 13 years ago.

i know this is off topic to what you guys were talking about, but i had a couple questions and i don't want to start a new topic just for this.

1. i've noticed that photon pulse cannons fire extremely slow. by slow i mean maybe one shot every 5 to 7 seconds or so. is this intentional? i don't remember them firing that slow before?

2. how do i start classic rules? do i have to start new saves if i start classic rules?

thank you!

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Im totally gonna start making pictures of these sectors and posting them around....this is insane!
- NetHawk

Its always interesting to see other peoples pictures. For me I can see how well the graphics translate onto another pc and what people are wow'ed by.

1. ive noticed that photon pulse cannons fire extremely slow
- jacer08

Its done on purpose. Its been done like that for 2 reasons:

- Improve fps by reducing bullets in the air,
- If too many PPC are in-air, the trail effect will disappear,

PPC's do the same dmg over time and they travel slightly quicker (ie. higher chance to hit, because there is less floating - with lots of ppc fire sometimes odd bullets hit).

2. how do i start classic rules? do i have to start new saves if i start classic rules?
- jacer08

To start it, copy the mod/cat from the mods folder and copy to your X3 folder. Next rename them to the last number like 09 (ie false patch the mod). Now you need to place classic rules dat/cat to the mods folder (found in mini-mods folder). You will need to start a new game as nearly every ship has been adjusted. Classic rules is more like X2.

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 13 years ago.

Its done on purpose. Its been done like that for 2 reasons:

- Improve fps by reducing bullets in the air,
- If too many PPC are in-air, the trail effect will disappear,

PPC's do the same dmg over time and they travel slightly quicker (ie. higher chance to hit, because there is less floating - with lots of ppc fire sometimes odd bullets hit).
- Roguey

if you say they do the same damage as before, then i shal trust you sir. i just snagged me a Xenon Pv2 and it had PPC's on it. i think i'll leave it with 2 PPC's, put a few BHEPT's and 2 BPAC's for the little guys. then keep a few more PPC's in the bay so i can swich out if i run into more trouble. it sucks that the P doesn't have any turrets on it though...

as for classic rules, i would try it if i didn't have a game going. i hate having to restart just as i'm building up and getting some money. maybe if i decide to do a new game sometime i'll try classic rules. thanks for the help though!

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.
« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.