PHQ Sector

Home Board Index » Roguey's X3 Mod » General » PHQ Sector

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 13 years ago.

So, I'm closing in on getting my PHQ, and I've visited quite a few sectors. now I'm trying to look for one to setup my phq and production facilities to get my fleet going. Any ideas/suggestions?

Burn rubber, not your soul!
bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 13 years ago.

There are many options, each has risks and benifits.

You could go for the safety and power of a Prime Sector like Argon Prime or you could go for a border sector. I normally try and find a sector that has 4 sectors around it that are non enemy/unknown, and does not have the same production facility in or around the sector. For PHQ put it where most you productions will be.

Most of the time I put mine in Seizewell as this is a good trading spot. It also all depends on what products you PHQ will sell. Try and find a place where there is a lack of product and slam it there with that product.

Whatever you choose Good Luck.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

This can be hard decision. You will probably want to place it in a 'safe' sector since there are M0's in the mod. The mod should allow you to get another HQ encase you loose your current one. However I didnt have the time to play bala, lose the HQ and try 'have another HQ' mission via the BBS.

I would also think about 1 sector away sectors - normally capital sector can be rather busy. The HQ can lower you fps a bit... especially in 'busy' sectors.

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

SPOILER ALERT
Well yeah I got that much, through honestly said I don't want to be close to prime sectors...I was more thinking of going somewhere capturing an unclaimed sector setting up a small protection fleet up, getting the PHQ there and making my own place Big grin

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

We you could buy your own sector if you wanted - there 3 available in the mod!

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

thats true...but that much money is yet far away, and the PHQ is close Big grin

I'm thinking about the sector next to the xenon sector by getsu fune Big grin

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

That might be good, but it is a far out sector, I made a thread a while back called 'Profitable Stations' this list is in there, showing where good stations are. Some of them are really good, but some of the Ore Mines use a lot of energy, try one of them, and put your PHQ in the sector you have most you stations. Just remeber you may need a defence fleet as you are next to a Xenon sector. Also make sure you have a jumpdrive and enough energy to get to that sector, in case the computer alerts you of an attack.

thats true...but that much money is yet far away, and the PHQ is close Big grin
- NetHawk

As they say.... you have to spend money to make money. It may take a while.

Currently on mine, this is from solid trading and building stations. (and a script to have a Star Trek ship in) I have 1.2billion credits. Most of this was made after I sold everything all the wares and ships from my stations. I then destroyed all my stations (inc. HQ) and I am living it good. All I have is my M1 or as I call it M1F (M1 Fighter, as it has two main guns which I can control, it is also Fast and strong. Federation Nova Class -- can own any ship)

It's all up to you, take risks etc..... some risks are worth taking some will lose you a lot of money.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

do you mean Menelaus Paradise? I wouldn't recommend that sector, cos it gets rather 'busy' with Xenon's. I put my HQ in Elysium Of Light.

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

do you mean Menelaus Paradise? I wouldnt recommend that sector, cos it gets rather busy with Xenons. I put my HQ in Elysium Of Light.
- Roguey

Actually I meant the unknown sector south to the one where the wulfen was.
it's surrounded with khaak and xenon sectors, but has decent lightning, and it can be protected as the gates are within reach of capital ships.

Its all up to you, take risks etc..... some risks are worth taking some will lose you a lot of money.
- bozo64r

Only thing I'd need if I get to a sector like that is having my own EQ and then have that sell engine/rudder/cargo tunings and Jumpdrives.
Any scripts or ideas?

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

NetHawk, are you only focusing on trade and making money at the moment?
-

Any scripts or ideas?
- NetHawk

Scripting is big in X3, I recommend d'loading and installing,
Cycrow's Plugin Manager

From this you can install various scripts,
Egosoft Forum

Although, this WILL NOT work with Roguey's Mod. (Idea for Roguey, when you bring out another version of the mod, make it compatible with Cycrow's thing) If you want scripts to work with Roguey's mod, it will be doing it the hard way, going through the Programme Files of X3. More can be find out about that from the Egosoft forum or here. (I don't know how)

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Ahm actually I'm playing a varied game....some trading, some fighting some exploration...whatever suits me at that particular moment.

About Cycrows Plugin Manager....it doesn't work for linux. actually there never has been a linux version as far as I can tell...so all scripts I'm getting are scripts Big grin

Now I'd hate to see this mod in only SPK format....since that would mean I can't get it. That's why I'm asking for scripts to add the cargo/engine/rudder optimizations to my EQ.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Idea for Roguey, when you bring out another version of the mod, make it compatible with Cycrow's thing
- bozo64r

The trouble is because the mod changes so much, its hard to make it compatible with everything without breaking something else. Just in the types folder there are around 32 files that have been modified to make everything work. The types folder defines ships, turrets, animations, particulars effects and more.

To be honest ive never used spk, I tried to keep the amount of required tools to install the mod as low as possible.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Something you could do would either;

Post on the forums directed at Cycrow or any other person that could do it, ot email Cycrow. I happen to have his email address :P

cycrow@msn.com

if that does not work email Double Shadow

doubleshadow@volny.cz

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Something you could do would either;
- bozo64r

About what? no installer for linux?...it wouldn't be easy to make one...it would take lot's of time, and most people have converted to TC. Those few I know of that play X3R on Linux...well we are too few. but maybe I'll ask for the original code and try to make something myself...in the meantime I don't really miss it. I don't install much stuff anyway, and what I do install is almost all available in scripts and t format. Big grin

If you mean about the script, well I have the "Add JD and TD to EQ" script...gonna take a look at that and just copy-rewrite it to add the tunings too. I just thought that maybe someone else already did, and saved me the trouble Big grin

BTW.: I'm still taking suggestions for PHQ sector... Big grin

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Hmm, I have claimed nopilioses memorial, and plan to setup my PHQ there. Now I've got a little proposal, maybe it's stupid but with claiming sectors, how about adding the bbs message you get for Avarice, about asteroids that can be brought there, just for player owned sectors?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

hi there,

so you like to see asteroids for sale? well, its already in the mod. The only thing its got some rules attached to it: the current sector has to be within 6 jumps from Montalaar. The script could be adjusted although.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.