PHQ Sector

Home Board Index » Roguey's X3 Mod » General » PHQ Sector

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 13 years ago.

well I didn't buy anyone. Since I don't plan to own avarice, but I'm using asteroid relocator now....feels a bit wierd, but the only way for now. I'd love to see it working for my sectors too.
Also, I was thinking that it could be set up like http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=169667

e.g. paying 110K for 1 yield sounds about fair Big grin

Burn rubber, not your soul!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

You do know in my mod there are 3 more buyable sectors, each with their own merits? they cost 250, 350 and 750 million. I know the last is pricey, but there's some great stuff there.

My bbs rock saler script could be changed a bit, so you can buy rocks Smile

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I know about them, and can't wait to get 'em. Just saying through, not everyone plans on having that much money at any time, but having an own sector (pirates for instance). So I guess I'd be a great thing to change that bbs script, so that it asks for player owned sector....or random....also....maybe it being a tad more often wouldn't hurt :P

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Well I can update the script but ill have to include just in classic rules. To update the the mod ill have to re-upload 100mb+ for the sake of a few kb's. Its easy to make a small update to classic rules because its not that big in size.

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

That'd be great. I'd say let's get classic rules out first, and then maybe we'll find more stuff to add, and when it's enough....BAM 3.4 :P

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

v3.4? Eek

on v3.3 I was the only person who worked on the mod, it was sad not to have a modeller or two helping with new ships. Normally new releases have a new ship or two.

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Lol well it's not just about the ships....the bbs msg for roids, the ship stats, sectors, competitors there is a lot that can count for 3.4, that's what I wanted to say Big grin

Anyway, I'm offering help with the mod....but I'm no modeller, so if it's about scripting/testing I'm totally there Big grin

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

im not a modeller either, although I did make the laser-tower, fighter drones and the new cargo container myself.

What sort-of things did you have in mind to add? I kind-of ran out of ideas Smile

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Well just stuff I'm missing...couple more missions, maybe an own plot, that could be fun, maybe some sectors...
dunno man, there is allways something to work on, if nothing else new sectors Big grin
Or making what is now better Big grin
Maybe make competition or sth.
I've got nothing special in mind, just saying.

I bet you have some idea or stuff laying around you didn't yet want to add to the mod Big grin

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

hmm... well most ideas were completed... in the end. If you look at the scripts folder there are 85 files, which range from missions to AL scripts. I know not everything is covered by my scripts but its likely that someone else has created the script on the egosoft forums. It is very hard to think of things which arent in the mod, or already been done.

v3.3 was really the a tidy up of the mod.

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Hmm point taken, I can't think of much either Big grin

Anyway, I wanted to ask, would you mind if I start working on the readme?
I think it's kinda missing a couple pages (sector claiming, classic rules explanation, additions, etc.)?
I am quite sure I've read it twice and still there were a lot of things that surprised me (SCS already installed, ecm already installed, AutoHullRepair already there etc.). Maybe it would be good to update this, and put it in the readme.

I was also thinking if you allow me to then copy/paste it from the readme to ego forums, so people have a better idea what this mod is about, what it contains/fixes.

that, and well....maybe (oh I know you're gonna shoot me for this), it would be a good idea to make a classic rules page, with ship stats.

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.