Argon Stone Titan [For Deletition/Inclusion in FAQ]

Home Board Index » Roguey's X3 Mod » General » Argon Stone Titan [For Deletition/Inclusion in FAQ]

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 13 years ago.

So...what's his role?
I just took it to xenon sector 101 and it got it's ass handed from a K with 9x1GJ shielding and 1x125 Big grin

Burn rubber, not your soul!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

Which gun did you have fitted to the front? the beam weapon?

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

actually nothing on the front....it says it can only take Beta PBE....anything I missed?

all other has full load, G/B PPC, A/B Flak
EDIT: and of course the 10GJ shield Big grin

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Ok, just fitted 2xPhoton Beam/Pulse (dunno) Cannon, ZOMG 2xJ got destroyed....well I helped...played the bait, but they got their ass handed now Big grin

Great attack vessel....slow, but powerful

Love it, at the end he had little shielding left, perfect....Not too powerful, it's not a Destroyer, it's a goddarn RAM, it comes into the fight delivers a huge punch, but it's too slow to turn, or run, so a couple M6 and some M3's and he'd have problems, but it's the perfect weapon against Carriers and Destroyers. Big grin

Gotta say, totally worth the ~60million he cost me, with upgrades and weapons etc.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

hehe, that ship really gets better with beams eh? With no beams the ship is a lot weaker Smile A couple of them in a fleet might be interesting Smile

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

yeah, it's a total diff. can't wait to see what 4 of this baby's do Big grin

I just guess that having a couple in a fleet would be devastating...but reverse engineering them and building will cost....well......WOW...don't wanna think about that number...I'm getting a negative number, maybe I shouldn't use signed integers in my head....:P

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I thought ill use more of them beam weapons, but I found it became a bit crazy allowing many of the M1/2 to use them. In the end it got scaled back to the stone-titan. However I still tried to keep its wow factor - makes the ship more unique eh?

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Actually I wanted to ask you that Big grin
It's perfect, and hell it makes it unique Big grin

I would've felt a little weird if too many had this weapon, but if only the stone-titan has it, it's perfect, the ship has a specific role, and a specific weapon to go with it. Great thinking m8 Big grin

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Well the idea didnt start like that at first, but I am glad it got right later. At first I had 2 beam weapons (one blue and one red). However after testing, things went a bit crazy so I scaled back the use of the beam to one ship.

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Had a little problem with my game yesterday, something messed it up...it wen't completelly laggy and unplayable. But that was only 1 save, the others worked. Well I reinstalled anyway, just to be on the sure side, and I jumped the stone titan in X101 Big grin
Well while I was there it made quite good work of the K (with a little help), and we took out the fighters, but then I got some serious shield damage from the J (1% shields left for me), so I jumped out. it took the J ~15 seconds to kill the titan.....and it was WITHOUT shields. just goes to show you cannot trust the game, gotta keep an eye out. But that got me thinking, can it be that the game can't see/use the beam weapon? or are they just ramming my ships when I'm OOS?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Well its well known that out of sector isnt calculated correctly - one reason for multi-core support. Im sure there was a post in the past (on the egosoft forums) were a small pirate M5 destroyed a station! So take OOS with a pinch of salt!

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Well its well known that out of sector isnt calculated correctly - one reason for multi-core support. Im sure there was a post in the past (on the egosoft forums) were a small pirate M5 destroyed a station! So take OOS with a pinch of salt!
- Roguey

I do, I do...I like to think that OOS the enemy is using dirty tricks Big grin

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

heheh, well you dont need to guess, as you know its using dirty tricks :p

Just something the OOS calculations dont like about the s-titan. It happens from time to time.

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

they don't like any of my ships, lost my hyperion to a Pv2, lost the sentinel to another one etc. I'm just like.....Ok, SHOW ME HOW!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

An M7 to a M6? eek, X3 doesnt like your ships for some reason, you are arming them? :p

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 13 years ago.

Talking of the Argon Stone Titan, for the save game I have that does not use Roguey's mod, I use xsp ships, and of you know a place to get an xsp of the Stone Titan?

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.