Docking on the TL

Home Board Index » Roguey's X3 Mod » General » Docking on the TL

PhantomWarrior

PhantomWarrior avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

I must have missed the memo but aren't TS ships supposed to be able to dock on a TL?

I just bought a Boron Orca and loaded it up with gear so I could outfit four Argon Mercuries but I can't get them to recognize the Orca as a place to dock, I already have a M3 Resource Transport docked on the Orca so I know it will take that size ship.

What's up with this?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

hi there,

you will find that TS ships can not dock on TL due to the size of a TS ships. I try and allow TS ships to dock at the hanger, but the ship smacked the sides of the bay. So me and PJm decided to create the Resource Transporter (Tender class) to solve this problem.

I know, it should of been in vanilla.

PhantomWarrior

PhantomWarrior avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

Yep, I definitely missed the memo on that one! I understand, though, as big as those ships have become. Thanks much for the info. I guess it is back to the ol' "Dock everyone at the Equipment Dock" routine. Too bad the RT's can't dock on a TS.

By the way, is there any method to easily transfer goods from one ship to another while docked without my (as the player) having to be there or doing the tedious individual transfer with the Transporter device?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

By the way, is there any method to easily transfer goods from one ship to another while docked without my (as the player) having to be there or doing the tedious individual transfer with the Transporter device?
- PhantomWarrior

Depends what you are transfer between:

Capital to non-capital - Seeing if your using the mod, dock at a complex. Complexs in my X3 mod use a new hub that allows for 1 capital ship to dock.

Capital to capital - To do this, you will need to dock both ships at your headquarters, and exchange cargo there.

I hope that helps,

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 12 years ago.

How about using the transporter device and Remote Cargo Transfer?
I think it's not in "base" X3 R" but in the bonus pack...or look for the script, it's simple, light and a single script that should've been there all along.

Burn rubber, not your soul!
PhantomWarrior

PhantomWarrior avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

How about using the transporter device and Remote Cargo Transfer?
- NetHawk

Actually, I was hoping/trying to avoid the tedium of that kind of transfer involving one type of product at a time. It's so much easier and quicker when the ships are docked together. Unfortunately, even when both ships are docked at the same station, I (as the player) still have to be physically located with one of the involved ships in order to more easily facilitate the product transfers. Oh well, that's just the way of the universe, I suppose!

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

I hated the fact they chanched, I liked in X2 how I had an M1, and whenever I needed something launch a TS. It really annoyed me, but Roguey's mod sorted that Smile

You need to log-in to post here.