Re-installing Roguey's mod probs.

Home Board Index » Roguey's X3 Mod » General » Re-installing Roguey's mod probs.

Calgacus

Calgacus avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hi y'all!

I little while ago, I was convinced to try out another mod (dare I say it?....the Xtended mod for X3: Reunion). It worked great, but after a while, I saw the error of my ways and admitted that I missed Roguey's mod.

So I uninstalled everything, deleted the Egosoft folder(s), restarted my computer and re-installed X3: Reunion from scratch.

I've only added the update files to bring X3 to V2.5, then installed a clean Roguey's mod V3.3. Everything starts fine until I get my first message saying I tried to start the Xtended mod and files were missing. If I play the game it's ok until I check the universe map and I see part of it Roguey's mod map and some is Xtended.

I've cleaned and defragged my registry and hard drive, checked every folder I can think of and even started X3: Reunion bare with no mods and I'm still getting this damn message. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? It's driving me nuts and I need Roguey's mod!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

hi there,

Well im guessing when you uninstall X3, its leaving files from extended. The when you re-install, its putting back all the original files, however files/scripts from the extended mod are still present.

After you un-install, check to see if there are any files left in the main X3 folder, if so delete the folder or install to another folder.

I hope that helps! btw welcome back!

Calgacus

Calgacus avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Thanx Roguey. I'm still getting the same problem. I've deleted X3:Reunion, deleted the EGOSOFT folder from Program Files (X86) and all me saved games. I've cleaned the registry of all Egosoft and Xtended references I can find. I re-booted the computer and re-checked all the files. Re-installed X3:Reunion from disc, then installed the update to v2.5, then Rogueys Mod v3.3.

I started a new game and this time it was fine, no problems. Yeah, Roguey, here I come! Saved my game, started from there next day and what's the first message I get? Yeah, "You've tried to load Xtended mod". NO I bloody haven't! Driving me mad. I'll NEVER use Xtended again!

Is there a program I can use to inspect my saved games?

Thankx.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

sounds like someone is having fun Smile

There is only way this message this is coming up, there must be a setup. script somehow being installed into your X3 folder. So have a look to see if you see any xtm setup. scripts in your X3/script folder.

I did read that XTM uses a 10.dat, which maybe worth checking. X3 shouldnt have a 10.dat by default.

btw, did you say next day it came back? might be also worth checking to see if there's something in your startup group on the windows task bar. There shouldnt be, as this is rather aggressive of doing things.

To be hoenst, I dont know much about XTM, has I never downloaded it. So I will know more about my mod than the others.

Calgacus

Calgacus avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Roguey, just thought I'd let you know I've found the problem..... I think! I checked all the X3 folders using Windows Explorer and there was no sign of any files from the old XTM mod. However, while looking through them I noticed a tab at the top of the window labelled 'Compatibility'. I clicked on it and lo and behold guess what was there? All the old XTM scripts and files.

Needless to say they have been destroyed!

Thanks for your help. Yeah, Roguey's Mod, here I come!

Fiona

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

:dance

glad you got it sorted, hopefully if anyone else has the same problem this thread should help them Smile

You need to log-in to post here.