Some questions and comments ...

Home Board Index » Roguey's X3 Mod » General » Some questions and comments ...

PhantomWarrior

PhantomWarrior avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hello again, Roguey,

I have a few questions and comments I hope you (and others) can address, bearing in mind that I am playing the Mac version of the game with a whole bunch of PC version scripts coddled in as best I could.

1. There seems to be a glitch with ships such as the Argon Merchant series and the Zypher (from the TerraCorp shipyard) that are sold with the Jumpdrive as part of the built-in components. The drive shows up in the ship detail screen but it does not function nor is it recognized when I try to make a jump (yes, I do have energy for the jump).

2. I keep getting requests for help to protect a station in the Killertide's Sanctuary, but nothing shows up at all when I get there. I also cannot find the station in question although I have searched all over the sector. Do I have to wait for a long time? I have waited for some mizuras there but still no bad guys have shown up.

3. I can't seem to get the Bala Gi missions to start. I have met all the prerequisites and have landed numerous times on the Boron stations in Bala Gi, but all I ever get are bounty missions.

4. I was a bit disappointed with the Wulfen mission. When I went to the sector to claim the Wulfen, the Xenon ship there didn't even bother to challenge me so I had to go back later and hunt it down. Going through Xenon Sector 534 was really uneventful as the Xenon went after my Sentinel and never even bothered to chase down my very slow (at the time) Wulfen. The Wulfen is a great attack ship with all its forward facing guns but I was a bit disappointed that it can only carry L size freight. That precludes being able to place a Auto-Hull Repair system on it.

5. The battle to claim the Stone Titan was intense and fun. I gave it back though, because I didn't like losing all the good and hard-earned reputation with the Argon on top of the 35 million credits. I wasn't too sure about the weapons load-out of the Stone Titan, either. I really didn't see the purpose of having 12 guns on the bottom of the ship when the left and right turrets only had 2 each. It just bothered my sense of balance.

6. On the HUD for the fixed forward guns, can you explain what the funny symbols at the left of the numbers at the bottom are suppose to mean or do? If you click on it, it will change slightly for three clicks. Just wondering.

I am still greatly enjoying your mod, so thank you (and your collaborators) again for all your great ideas and hard work!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

hi there, I noticed the way your message was parsed there was no spacing, this is now been fixed.

bearing in mind that I am playing the Mac version of the game with a whole bunch of PC version scripts coddled in as best I could.
- PhantomWarrior

This does make things more complex, at the time the mod was created with Windows XP. At one stage it would run find on XP but not vista - this bug wouldnt of ever released if I could test it myself.

the Argon Merchant series and the Zypher (from the TerraCorp shipyard) that are sold with the Jumpdrive as part of the built-in components.
- PhantomWarrior

Does this stop you from buying a standard jumpdrive for the ship?

2. I keep getting requests for help to protect a station in the Killertides Sanctuary
- PhantomWarrior

not sure I coded that - do you have any other mods/scripts installed?

3. I cant seem to get the Bala Gi missions to start
- PhantomWarrior

Did you start a custom game or normal? custom games have bala disabled by X3. However normal games simply may take time before bala starts.

4. I was a bit disappointed with the Wulfen mission.
- PhantomWarrior

Coding missions are hard work, and my coding skills then werent as experienced as they are now. I quite happy in some ways I pulled off a mission - felt its better than just adding the ship to the shipyard for sale. The L cargo size was done for shield reasons. ie. XL would allow 1GJ, 10GJ shields also. New shields were added to the bottom of the list, to not break compatibility with vanilla games.

I didnt like losing all the good and hard-earned reputation with the Argon.
- PhantomWarrior

Surely you can simply build up the rating again? after-which you have another ship. The stone-titan main weapon is the beam on the front. It basically takes all the weapon energy from the ship to power it.

can you explain what the funny symbols at the left of the numbers at the bottom are suppose to mean or do?
- PhantomWarrior

They just tell what guns you have installed, different symbols for different guns. This is something found in X3 and not necessary just in my mod.

I am still greatly enjoying your mod, so thank you (and your collaborators) again for all your great ideas and hard work!
- PhantomWarrior

Always good to hear. I hope that answered a few of your questions at-least.

PhantomWarrior

PhantomWarrior avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hey! Thanks for the quick response!

hi there, I noticed the way your message was parsed there was no spacing, this is now been fixed.
- Roguey

Glad you could fix this, I thought it was just a bug on my end.

Does this stop you from buying a standard jumpdrive for the ship?
- Roguey

Yeah, it does. It goes through the motions but nothing shows up in the freight list. I even tried to transfer the jumpdrive in question to another ship just to get rid of it but it doesn't show as transferable.

not sure I coded that - do you have any other mods/scripts installed?
- Roguey

I have your main mod and the asteroid mod mounted, plus one that I'm not sure of anymore but I don't think it has any missions in it. As far as I can remember, none of the scripts I have mounted have any missions involved in them.

Did you start a custom game or normal? custom games have bala disabled by X3.
- Roguey

Rats ... it is a custom Terran start. I guess I'll just have to buy an HQ when the opportunity presents itself.

Coding missions are hard work ...
- Roguey

I really didn't intend this remark as a major criticism. I was just surprised at the ease of acquiring the Wulfen. I believe, respect, and envy your coding skills. I have been a bit too lazy so far to read and study the MISC manual and the pathetic attempts I have done at playing with the loaded scripts are constantly reminding me that there is a whole lot of work involved.

Surely you can simply build up the rating again?
- Roguey

Yes, I can. But at the time, I had just made Grade 8 with the Argon, had barely 50M credits, and I was looking to buy some stuff from the Argon that needed the higher rank. Since I now know some of the reasoning for the Stone Titan weapons loadout (still not quite sure of the 12 guns on the bottom turret, though), I will probably revisit the mission in the near future.

Thanks again!

P.S. I don't think the quote-function is working on my end, either ;>}

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Hey! Thanks for the quick response!
- PhantomWarrior

Ah no problem. The reason why your quotes arent showing is because UBB code is disabled until you reach level 3. This stops spam bots creating posts and posting links to their site(s). So far we havnt had any spam-bots however im sure it will happen sooner or later.

I even tried to transfer the jumpdrive in question to another ship just to get rid of it but it doesnt show as transferable.
- PhantomWarrior

Ill remove the jumpdrive from the TerraCorp ships in v3.4. i thought it was a nice extra but never thought it wouldnt work.

Im not sure of anymore but I dont think it has any missions in it.
- PhantomWarrior

well I dont remmeber coding anything about protecting a station - maybe im getting old? Smile

Rats ... it is a custom Terran start. I guess Ill just have to buy an HQ when the opportunity presents itself.
- PhantomWarrior

The mod should offer you a HQ via the BBS if you started with a custom start. You can check to see if the mod found out if you started a custom game by checking the startup message, where it says something like: custom game: yes.

I really didnt intend this remark as a major criticism.
- PhantomWarrior

I know, just saying when I wrote that, it was pushing my skills just to write that. Since then I write a lot more missions and scripts. Even had some really bad scripts in the mod too - station defenders.... eessh that was a mess up Smile

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 12 years ago.

well I dont remmeber coding anything about protecting a station - maybe im getting old? Smile
- Roguey

I might help a little there...if it's a custom game, and bala gi is disabled, then this mission shows up. I guess you really forgot Roguey? :P

now, I'd take that mission, it's worth it. But be warned, it's quite a hard one.

About the Stone Titan. You got one of the best destroyers in-game, and you pay the price for it. Where would be the fun if you got it handed to you :P

Ok, anyway good luck and have fun m8. Big grin

EDIT:
About the wulfen. Consider yourself lucky m8. I was going through the sector, lost 5 M3's. The Xenon just kept coming for me. and in the wulfen sector, the R almost blew me to hell.
I don't re-load if I don't die, so for me that was a costly affair, and I appreciate the wulfen a lot Big grin

Burn rubber, not your soul!
PhantomWarrior

PhantomWarrior avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

now, Id take that mission, its worth it. But be warned, its quite a hard one.
- NetHawk

Thanks for the info, Nethawk! I do try to take the mission but when I get to Killertide, nothing ever happens; no bad guys show up. I just sit there and wait and wait until I get disgusted and re-load the turn.

In fact, whenever I accept the mission, the BBS response is to say that I just need to hurry up and get there. The mission itself does not come off the BBS queue. I can only assume that I have created a conflict somewhere with the other scripts I have loaded. Oh well!

By the way, I tried to download your version of Apricot's Improved PHQ, but the link is dead. If you could post it somewhere accessible in preferably .zip format (since .spk and .exe formats are unopenable for me on my Mac), I would greatly appreciate it. Or I would even settle for the original Apricot version, but again only in the .zip format (I have the .spk version).

PhantomWarrior

PhantomWarrior avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

Another Question if I may...

Can someone tell me the specs on the Photon Beam Cannon? How does it compare to a PPC and a Terran Electro-magnetic Plasma Cannon?

Or better yet, tell me how I can use the Script Editor to figure it out by myself (you know, the old feed the guy or teach him how to fish deal).

Thanks!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hi there,

maybe this might help ya? Roguey's X3 Laser statistics Smile

PhantomWarrior

PhantomWarrior avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

Well, that does help tremendously. I had been using the info on this link from your site http://x3.roguey.co.uk/help/lasers.php and I can see that the information has been changed.

Hmmm, I notice that you have significantly downgraded the Terran weapon. Why so?

Thanks

You need to log-in to post here.