Storyline Mission Bug?

Home Board Index » Roguey's X3 Mod » General » Storyline Mission Bug?

Calgacus

Calgacus avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hi Everyone!

For the first time since I got X3: Reunion I've started a new game using the storyline whilst using Roguey's Mod V3.3. In Mission 11, I get to Nyana's Hideout and find Kyle Brennan's ship before he goes into the asteroid. Story autosaves fine then I find myself inside the asteroid. However, the game seems to slow down dramatically to a point where I can't control the ship. It's as if my computer had run out of memory (BTW, it's got a 3GHz quad core chip and 4Gb RAM). I keep getting fragged by the Khaak! Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

hi there,

that's odd - guess your not running any other mods/scripts? I could check the save if sent it to me, other than that im I dont know.

Calgacus

Calgacus avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Hi Roguey! I'll send the Autosave and the last manual save. Wot's your email addy?

Thanks

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

no worries. You should find the details here.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

thanks for sending the save. I remember that section now - what a crazy mission: hard to see at the best of times. I did try another ship and the fps was better - although it wasnt great but playable. Maybe try another ship..

Calgacus

Calgacus avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Thanks Roguey.

I'll try another ship and let you know what happens.

regards,

Calgacus

Calgacus avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Roguey,

I changed my ship for a Buster Mk2. Worked a wee bit better but after a couple hours trying I still can't finish it. I've been reading several posts elsewhere on the 'net from folks who have also had problems with this mission. Think I'll just go back and start a new custom game.

Thanks for your help.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Its a bit of odd mission, I can see what ego was trying to do - it just didnt come off right. I dont know how changing the ship helps but it does (the fps was much lower with the other ship). I did have a go myself in a Nova Mk1. I was going okat until I got lost in the asteroid... Its not ever clear where your going!

Calgacus

Calgacus avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Roguey,

Phew! And I thought it was just me who didn't understand it! It's one crazy mission. I think Ego should have checked and re-checked this mission before releasing it. As you say, the idea was good but the result was pretty poor.

Thanks!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I think the problem is that X3/TC doesnt have a very good collision detection system: so when you bump something, it just sends you backwards. Another example If you turn your ship (at 0m/s), you can put your ship nose inside another ship, after-which the shields go down. It should really knock the other ship.

The mission could of been better if you were on a set line and going too wide meant you scratch the side of the asteroid - slowing you down for a set time.

It was a good idea, but needed more code by ego to get the mission how it should be.

You need to log-in to post here.