Mod Dosn't get past loading screen

Home Board Index » Roguey's X3 Mod » General » Mod Dosn't get past loading screen

Taintedglory

Taintedglory avatar
Level badge Newguey (1)
Posted 12 years ago.

So, I was recently introduced to the game through a friend, after some playing around and enjoyment, I liked it but felt like I needed more. I came across this mod and it seemed neat.

Now, I went to install, followed the instructions exactly, got it running, and got as far as the custom game screen.

No matter what start I choose the game does not go past the loading screen. I checked the process and it says its running just fine, but its spending less RAM and CPU right now then it does for me to start up Mozilla.

I do not have any other mod installed, I did try uninstalling and reinstalling, and the base unmodded game works just fine when I try to do a start. Sooo I'd like some help.

Taintedglory

Taintedglory avatar
Level badge Newguey (1)
Posted 12 years ago.

Oh hey, nevermind. I found out the issue. Aparently my steam didnt patch past 2.0 for some reason

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Ah, I was going to ask you that Smile

So is it all working now? it probably didnt load past the loading screen because without the latest patch there will be missing content. When you start a game, X3 wont find certain content and will more or less freeze up looking for that content.

Taintedglory

Taintedglory avatar
Level badge Newguey (1)
Posted 12 years ago.

Yeah, Odd that my steam told me it was fully patched when it wasn't. I had to go manually find the patches and get them from the egosoft website. Just a general awkward thing to do

You need to log-in to post here.