Some Questions about Roguey's X3R mod...

Home Board Index » Roguey's X3 Mod » General » Some Questions about Roguey's X3R mod...

Zyhark

Zyhark avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 11 years ago.

I guess what I'll have to do then is take control of a few of the pirate sectors near Argon prime and see what happens. Worst case scenario, I have to rethink my plans for where to setup my HQ and complexes. I don't plan on invading Pirate Utopia and it's surrounding systems until I have purchased my Titan anyway, so I have lots of time to run some "tests".

I wonder if ships spawning in claimed sectors would happen for other races as well. Maybe I'll make a backup save and try taking over the Teladi sector Golden Enthusiasm that you put into the game. Apparently everything in that sector has been wiped out, last I checked, and is crawling with pirates lol. Or maybe Grand exchange. The Xenon have pretty much taken over that sector, so I could claim it and see if Teladi ships spawn in it.

I'll let you know of the results of my "tests". :P

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

It will be interesting to hear of your testing. The respawn may be weaker but there are a few roaming ships - which can range from M5's to M1/2's. However which sector you claim will make all the difference on this, as some sectors will be quieter than others. It is very hard to judge how it will be, as every game is different, depending on so many factors.

Zyhark

Zyhark avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Yea, that's why my original plan was to claim those pirate sectors around pirate utopia, and setup my HQ in utopia itself. I figured that way there wouldn't be anything bigger then M3s that could cause me problems, as apposed to sectors belonging to other races which would be capable of sending M1/M2 ships at me. Though now I see, thanks to the spoiler section on your website, that Pirate Utopia IS the main pirate sector. So I'm rethinking my plans...lol
I think I'll still invade their space. It just might not be where I set up my HQ and primary complexes. Though now I'm not sure where I could setup my HQ lol.

Zyhark

Zyhark avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I found a new problem Roguey (a much bigger one this time). It involves both the 1GJ and 10GJ shields. In vanilla, they were XL cargo size. But you changed them in your mod to being ST cargo size. This makes sense cause all the cap ships (in your mod) now have ST size cargo holds. However, cap ships cannot dock at NPC Heavy shield production complexes, meaning they cannot be obtained at those stations. This can be a real problem for some who doesn't have the ability to setup their own production for them, and they can be real hard (or impossible) to find in EQs.
I thought you made the Tender class ships able to carry ST cargo, but it's not the case, and I'm unable to find an EQ with 1GJ shields available for purchase.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Oh damn, like you said: I dont think there is any dockable ship that can land at the complex with ST cargo. Well there isnt much I can could about it now - shame you wasnt around when the mod was being tested, otherwise something like this would of been fixed.

Why those shields had to be changed to ST size is because the mod is compatible existing games, and X3 was rather dumb with its shield selection. The shields are in a list, if the shield is near the bottom of the list then according to X3 it can fit all the shields before it. However to add the new shields, I had to reshuffle the list (which would break compatibility with existing games) or add to bottom and change the cargo type (which isnt ideal). I did think it may cause some issues to be honest. You can land big ships on your own complexes however, so you could build 2 stations then link them together in a complex.

Zyhark

Zyhark avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Yea I know, it's just gona be a while before I can setup a complex that can produce 1GJ shields, and I need some now for my LT, not to mention the Titan I want to buy very soon. And unless it's something that can be changed in the script editor, I doubt I could fix it myself. I'll just have to live with it.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

well the only way to change them would be in X3Editor, however changing cargo types may allow for the wrong shields to be installed. I should probably forced the user to restart their game however I wanted to make the mod as like a add-on, so unfortunately was kind-of boxed in with my decisions. Changing the cargo types was about the only way out of the problems, with keeping save-game support.

Zyhark

Zyhark avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Yeah, well I'll deal with it. I did some calculating and I can setup a decent 1GJ shield complexe in Antigone Memorial for about 13 million credits, minus the cost of energy cells. So that's what I'm going to do.

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.