Mod crashes during Kha'ak start

Home Board Index » Roguey's X3 Mod » General » Mod crashes during Kha'ak start

Necroledo

Necroledo avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hello,

I've made another topic about the Kha'ak start at the General section, but since the probems I'm having seem to have become technical, I had to create this topic.

Two times X3 has crashed when playing the Kha'ak start, both when I was at an Unknown Sector heading to Kha'ak's systems. This starts to be seriously annoying, specially when I've managed to go through several hostile sectors alive, and when I'm reaching my destination, it just crashes. Of course, I couldn't save before, so you can imagine how annoying this is after more than 6 tries... Please help me Cry I don't want to sound as a frustrated 10 years old child, but Cry

PD: If you had a save on a Kha'ak sector... specially if it was your first journey there... I'd be greatly grateful =D

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Have you brought any Savage Insurances from the local Khaak Station, found here:
Picture

Then you can save any-time Smile

Necroledo

Necroledo avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hope I could, because I first have to get there from the original spawn sector, and seems like the game keeps crashing a few sectors away.

I think I can now give you a more accurate report. Last time I got the crash I spawned at Pontifex Realm. I headed to the sector you mentioned across Trinity Sanctum, Bad Debt, Ministry of Finance, Rhy Desire, Family Rhy, Reservoir of Tranquility, Barren Shores, Priest Refuge, Spring of Belief, Friar's Retreat, Pontifex Seclusion, Unknown Sector, Spacehunt, Gomorragh Underworld. I got no issues during the journey, apart from angry locals, until I got to Gomorragh Underworld, where I was under fire when the game just crashed. I got an error saying 'X3 stopped working; Windows is looking for a solution...' Since I can't dock until I get to the sector you said, I can't save (I can't buy a Savage Insurance), so I have to start again, from a random sector.

Seems like the game crashes when I'm at one of the new sectors you added for the mod. In another try, it crashed at the Unknown Sector before Spacehunt -without any special events, just me flying and no enemies near-, and in another one, at the one after Xenon Sector 534 (north of the map) in the same circunstances.

Thank you very much for your time Roguey, and for the quick answers Smile

Oh, quick question: are all 'Unknown Enemy Sector's Khaak domains? If they are, are the ones next to Mines of Fortune (in your map)?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

very odd.. as you should spawn in that sector, with all the other khaak's (as the start sector). Are you running the mod with any other mods? as this will cause problems.

Necroledo

Necroledo avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 11 years ago.

No, I'm not... but I did use the bonus start hack before installing the mod... I'll try and uninstall the hack, then try again...

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Its possible something is causing problems, as it doesnt sound right where you start and that. I dont think the mod should crash as much as does either. It is possible to do a clean install, then add the mod?

Necroledo

Necroledo avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 11 years ago.

It must be that it was causing problems. Yesterday I tried to unistall the hack, but then I couldn't choose any of the bonus starts on your mod. I tried to reinstall... and I must have messed up something, because I got several corrupted installations before I had to restart my computer... which almost didn't, since it had to self-repair Windows for beign able to start O.o Right now I'm trying to remove all files, clean registries and start from zero.

Necroledo

Necroledo avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 11 years ago.

Ok, I've cleaned registries and defragmented; installed X3 again, aplied patches and installed the mod. It runs nicely, but I don't have acess to the new start positions (only the standard ones).

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

hmmm... you checked under custom game right? if so, maybe you havnt installed the mod correctly. Make sure all the files go into the correct directories, such as /maps/ /mods/ etc. otherwise x3 wont see parts of the mod.

Necroledo

Necroledo avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 11 years ago.

I wasn't checking there -.- Yeah, it's there, I can play it and works perfectly! Many thanks for your help =D

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Glad to hear, have a great xmas Xmas

Necroledo

Necroledo avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 11 years ago.

You too! ^^

Sorry but this thread has been locked.