hey! new to game, question on story

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » hey! new to game, question on story

MattMurphy

MattMurphy avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

so I was seeing that in 2.0 if I started off as a terran commander I could not do the main plot.. Does that still stand in 3.1 ?

I'd really like to play this game and go through a bit of the story, I want to trade and make my money first then go into the war, just not sure what side I support, but I want to do the side that offers more content.

Thanks for the advice!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well you cant do the main plot if you started as a terran commander, however the Terran start has its own plot (which was added in v2.0) called Loose ends. You can also do the plots which were added in v3.0 - as a Terran too.

I have written guides for all the plots on my x3ap site.

MattMurphy

MattMurphy avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

which do you suggest is the better story line?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

well I would say that the Terran start/plot is harder because the Terran sectors are much larger, less friendly races near-by and Argons have better ships (well.. easier to understand).

Although pick a side which you feel comfortable with ie. if you want the normal experience (newbie/newcomer), pick argon.. if however you want to play it a little different, play Terran... or, even play both? Smile

Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

I have to disagree with you there. Personally I had far less problems with the Terran start. Especially since it doesn't involve so many fetch quests that have you travel half the galaxy for stuff that's on stock absolutely nowhere you are allowed to land.

MattMurphy

MattMurphy avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

thank you for the advice, I've already started the humble merchant. And thank you for this amazing site. I'm a new x3 player due to taking a change on the amazing humble bundle, and I've been telling all my gamer friends about this amazing game.. My first pc game love was privateer being a trader, it I was like 13 and spent hours and hours just trading and this is my time to relive my past alittle, I might play some simcity 2000 next lol.

Just wanted to say thanks!

RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

thank you for the advice, I've already started the humble merchant. And thank you for this amazing site. I'm a new x3 player due to taking a change on the amazing humble bundle, and I've been telling all my gamer friends about this amazing game.. My first pc game love was privateer being a trader, it I was like 13 and spent hours and hours just trading and this is my time to relive my past alittle, I might play some simcity 2000 next lol.

Just wanted to say thanks!
- MattMurphy

Glad there is a new fan to the series Smile I started my love of FPS space (Ish) sims was Aqua Nox when I was younger, then I played x2 and fell in love with the x series and have bought/played every release since Smile I jumped *straight* onto the band wagon the second rebirth was released for pre-order Smile Can't wait!!! 39Days 6 Hours 43 Minutes Smile

tstoff

tstoff avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey welcome!!
I'm planning on the near feature to start as a terrain! got love those ships:)
But my first contact and start was with the humble merchant (and im still in it) like you.
Besides the fact I'm a fan of military simulations, I was always fascinated with the Star Control series (I and II) from 1992, Wing Commander and some Star Wars stuff.
So, enjoy!

"a nation who forgets its defenders will itself be forgotten"

You need to log-in to post here.