OOS Rep Gains? Also a Question on Complex's

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » OOS Rep Gains? Also a Question on Complex's

RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey again,

So I am always getting warnings of Pirates in Atreus's Clouds from SEWN, now as I can asign a sqaud to the satellite to attack enemies in the area, I was considering whether it was worth buying 5 Buster Vanguards or Nova Vanguards and setting them to defend the sector to kill the pirates to help with my Argon rep, however will I get rep gains from OOS kills from my fleet ships?

Onto the second question. What in your opinion is the cheapest complex you can think of that also has a good profit? So far my only complex is a small one producing Meatsteaks in Home of Light however I am still buying in the Crystals (Every time I consider making it a closed loop I die at the amount of stations that requires) I use Xadrian to help me design complex's but I can't think of any that return a decent profit yet don't require ALOT of initial credits. I am at around 45 million at the minute with 2 standalone powerplants the complex I've already said, 5 UT's a mammoth for build missions which I can't seem to find and when I DO find them, they are for stations that I don't have the rep to acquire and I am currently increasing my split rep to buy a Heavy Dragon as a replacement for my playership which is a Falcon at the minute. However that is a third question I don't expect answering as I've read countless threads of people discussing player ships and it kills me to try and decide. I do want to go for an m6 or an m2 but I can't decide on anti-cap vs anti-fighter as I am going to head into the storylines once I can purchase an m2 (for backup on some of the missions)

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Fighters as sector patrol/defence tend to die quite regularly OOS without heavier support. Personally I won't use anything smaller than an M7 with M6 support. I do use Fighters OOS, but that's a whole separate set up to sector patrol Smile The issue is in the way OOS combat is handled. All enemy ships fire all their guns first, for 30 seconds (if you're NOT watching the sector remotely), or for 5 seconds (if you are watching). At least, that's how it works in TC. I know it was updated a bit for AP, but afaik the basis should remain the same. In answer to your actual Q - yes, you get rep gains when your assets kill hostiles OOS.

Cheapest complex with decent returns?

1mj shield fab in Argon Prime. set up 4-5 of them, assign 4-5 CAGs to organize resources and let the AI traders buy the shields from you. Steady turnover, always sells, decent profits. Failing that, the PTNI region is DESPERATELY short of Nostrop Oil. 2-3 Sun Oil Refinery L + 1-2 Flower Farm L in PTNI, set to sell @ 110 credits, will make you a small fortune quite quickly.

Player ship?

That's one you'll need to figure out for yourself I'm afraid Smile Everyone has their own style of play, mine for instance suits a Tenjin/Heavy Centaur Prototype/Shrike, depending on mission Smile Find one you're comfortable with and pwn the uni Big grin

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Okay running 5 1mj shield facility will cost around 36 mil and earn me around 820k an hour if stuff sells. Now that is
2 Cahoona Bakery L - No surplus
2 Cattle Ranch L - No Surplus
1 Crystal Fab - Need to buy 35/hour
Ore Mine L (yield 26) - 33 Surplus
Silicon Mine L (yield 26) - 15 Surplus
Solar Power Plant L - 9749 Surplus
5 Shield Prod Facility 1mj - 138/hour

That sound about right to you?

Also about the playership, I want something that will be be able to comfortably survive a cap ship attack yet still be able to take care of fighters and corvettes easily. Im going to do some plot missions soon so I need a good offensive ship that won't get pummeled inside of 10 seconds under heavy fire. I've been considering the Heavy Dragon a lot but I'm really not sure. I haven't yet got rep to buy an m2 but I'm sure by the time I get to a part of the plot where I need it Ill have the argon rep Smile I was reading up a few of the plot guides yesterday and you seem to come across caps fairly often so I need to be able to survive that..... So i guess the real question is the best ship for doing the argon and terran plots, WHICH leads onto another question!

Which is easier, Terran first then Argon, or Argon then Terran? Bear in mind that my stations are in Argon space and it is the Argon M2 I want to buy so that needs to be taken into account. As it stands I think I am rank 6 for Argon.

Thanks everyone Smile

[Edit] Sorry Forgot to add, for OOS patrols I guess I will wait until I have 150mil or so going spare and will set up a heavier little fleet to defend. I do look in on sectors where my ships are fighting (In the map anyway) so I may never need worry about the OOS issues Smile

[Edit 2] I forgot to ask, your 5 1 mj idea, will it work in Home of Light? (I already have the meatsteak/bakery/solarplant complex in that sector)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

I agree with kirlack, its not a good idea the patrol a sector with anything else than a m6/7 because it won't last long with the wacky out of sector calculations.

As for a cheap complex, you could bung two wheat farms in boron space. Although that's a really cheap complex, and don't see much return quickly.

RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks Roguey, Any ideas on the Plot/ships questions?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh, I wasn't suggesting you add anything to the 1Mj shield complex than the final product factories Smile Energy, Ore and meatsteaks are all quite abundant in the AP region anyway, so your CAGs should be more than capable of keeping up with demand Smile

Personally I like the Shrike as an all purpose combat craft. It's got the anti capital punch to handle M2s (with a bit of missile support from Typhoons) and can mount enough Flak Arrays that it can shred clouds of fighters with relative ease. The only drawbacks I find in it are the base speed (96m/s) and the weapons generator will run hot quite quickly with energy weapons. It can take ammo based guns EVERYWHERE though, so you can offset the drain quite a lot Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

oh, sorry I missed your question about a plot-ship. Well, any of the M7's should be fine, although people tend to prefer either the Tiger or the Thresher. The Thresher has 10 x PPC on the front which makes it ideal against capital ships, whilst the Tiger is a little quicker and more of a all-rounder. Which ever M7 you go for, it will be fine for all the plot lines.

RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks to you both, I was looking at the Tiger in game and it does look like a good all-rounder Ill take a look at the shrike in a minute when I log in but I think I may consider the Thresher more as think for me anti-cap is quite important. I try not to rely on missiles to heavily until I can afford to produce them myself Smile Both of you didn't mention, which is the better idea? The Terran plot first then the argon or the other way around? I am worried that if I destroy my terran rep too much then it will be difficult to rebuild it but then I am also worried that if I destroy my argon rep too much they may attack my stations and raising it may be hard with the argon military mostly stay in large forces around their borders...

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

#RDH There are other posts on this site (And egosoft) about this choice and since you can have access to the main plot as Argon or Terran it seems, for many players, to be affected by a.)preference of ships available and b.) The size of Terran sectors.
I found that I wanted Argon for most things, but had to spend a long time balancing rep. with the Terrans so I could get my favourite personal ship (Vidar.) But if you were to start with the need to keep your rep. balanced in mind, then it won't be as difficult as some people have found when their rep. with one or the other race became completely broken! Because it's a lo-oo-oo-ng journey back to decent rep. and it can take over your game, which has got to be less fun.
Keeping rep balanced, a little at a time, is not hard. Your stations won't be attacked if you kill a few Argon fighters in Terran sectors, and then move away from the contested zone and do a few Argon missions your rep with both races will slowly climb. Killing capital ships is a different matter and is very ill advised. If you can also be bothered to do some trading ... or set traders as well ....... things will tick over steadily in your favour. This info. (and other points of view!) are available in several threads ..I just hoped to save you the time of looking for it!...........Have fun

I am an Alien!
DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Your patrol will have to depend entirely on the enemies you expect. I have a few M6s and an M7 each running individual patrols in my home sectors where nothing turns up besides occasional pirate fighters. In TU Sec 3 I've got two M2s and two anti-fighter M7s running patrols against a steady stream of Xenon incursions. It's all up to you.

RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey alpha thanks for your answer Smile I did do a google search but I guess google didn't like me that day!!
I have 5 UT's as we speak, and I guess if I will do terran plot first simply because it's easier to keep my Argon rep high with Sector traders (which in argon sectors is where i train most of my UT's) once i've done the terran plot i'll have un-impeded access to the terran sectors then I will use some small cargo high speed ships to run Sector trading to help keep terran rep up. Sound good to you?

DangerClose, it would mostly be pirates as far as I see. Which m6/m7's do you use for your patrols? I know very well from experience and forum posts ALL over the internet that AI control of various ships can vary quite significantly and I won't trust dumb AI to fly £0,000,000's straight into a wall (not literally speaking of course but you get my meaning) Smile

Zipmeister

Zipmeister avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I sold scavenged missiles to the Terrans till missions were available. I did a bunch of taxi missions for rep everywhere.
If you avoid combat, balancing Rep is easy after some initial footwork. Once you hit max rep, boarding ships costs you 3 ranks (provided there aren't any collateral damage casualties)
I like the Springblossom (M6) 360 m/s top speed. Great for taxi/courier missions (requires cargo life support)
Threshers with PPC's are great for stealing allied capital ships when paired with a Sirokos. Ocelot is a nice fast passenger transport. Ultimately, the best ship(s) for you is/are the one(s) that compliments your playstyle. Figure out how you want to play and start collecting.

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Centaur works great because of the variety of turrets. If you're OOS, Terran M6's will work fine. I suggest you lean sheild heavy rather than speed heavy, so use Novas and fast Falcolns rather than Split ships. I don't know what exactly you're facing, but M3's and smaller will get ripped open by HEPT's and PAC's on a good corvette. Try scattering some advanced sattelites around key sectors to keep pirates from spawning there.

You need to log-in to post here.