Terran-occupied/red crashes

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Terran-occupied/red crashes

harley9699

harley9699 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 9 years ago.

I've really been having a hard time with this. Started with Humble Merchant, 400 hours ago. Almost every time, when I go into, even the initial Terran-occupied sectors (Omichron Lyrae, Treasure Chest, Circle of Labour, etc.), the game crashes. From Heretic's End and north, I can't put Nav Sats to even try to jump into them (they always disappear), so I always have to fly directly. Then, when I get into the sector, it crashes. I do run quite a few mods as well. Vanilla any better about eliminating this? I've searched a Ton of forums and have seen vanilla crashes as well, esp in Omichron. Ideas? I'd like to get some Terran weapons for captured Terran ships. Heck, I'd like to just cruise around in them, explore, and maybe even cause some trouble. It's like a large chunk of the game is off limits to me, especially depressing due to the 400 hours put in. I've even tried turning down most to all of the video prefs. Nothing works. Any ideas would be helpful! Thanks.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

The vanilla game is fine, there is nothing to eliminate. Nearly 100% chance it is a mod (or a combo of mods) causing an issue.

The sats disappearing is normal. Whichever faction dislikes you most will attack any assets you have in war sectors. This also applies at high positive reputation.

harley9699

harley9699 avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Thanks....and.....crap. That's what I figured. Was hoping it wasn't though. Man! I'd hate to start over. Hard telling which mod it is OR how much it'd mess up my current game by just trashing the mods, then running vanilla. Thanks again

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

If you can figure out what is causing the problem there might be an updated version available. Are you using anything that changes the argon/terran war?

The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is maybe a script that interferes with sectors changing ownership?

harley9699

harley9699 avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

I didn't think so, but I'll look into it. Plus, sometimes there's this big, weird, 'wormhole'/EMP looking thing. Is that normal? Get close and it drains my shields (and of all ships in the vicinity).

EDIT:
http://imgur.com/gallery/26rKozp/new

Hope that image works. Nothing that alters the War. Abandoned ship spawner mod maybe? Completely stumped.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

Man i wish I could help you with this. Honestly the best thing you can do is post in the modding forum of the official forums. Hopefully somebody who knows more can help. I don't see anything obvious in that list.

In fact you might want to contact Dr. Bullwinkle and see if he will help you. He got to moderator recently so he will be around the forums often and will be notified of PMs.

If you haven't yet, register your game on the egosoft forums and PM post in the modding forum.

harley9699

harley9699 avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Thanks, I'll try that. I'm already registered over there. Think it's tearing my brains apart. Smile

You need to log-in to post here.