X3AP: <--- gonna be strange putting AP :P

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » X3AP: <--- gonna be strange putting AP :P

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

The new X game ad-on is only available on STEAM!!! I don't have a steam account nor a game from steam... :/ I don't want a steam account but it looks like I am going to have to get one. What do you lot think of this?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

To be honest im a little fed up with egosoft: everyone with the superbox is getting free, whilst us (brought all the games on release (so didnt get the superbox) get to 'buy' Albion Prelude at £20 sometime in 2012.

The guys with the super-box are mostly late adopters too (who already got a brilliant deal). I am not entering credit details onto steam, so I can buy AP at £10. I might as well become a late adopter myself now, as this is how I do my PS3 gaming (even PSN doesnt have my credit details and I use the PS3 store quite a lot). There probably be some kind-of double pack when rebirth is out anyway - just have to wait longer.

If anything, this has really put my rebirth site into some doubt: I am thinking about ditching it.... at-least until there's a rebirth and AP double pack, or some price drops. For me this makes things easier, as I dont need to spend any more time developing a new site for an egosoft game.

btw nice to see your back bozor, you should have a email about the console site Smile

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I don't think there will be a AB and Rebirth combined. Cause AB is just an extension for TC. (gonna get annoying with all these abbreviations)

I will be buying AB when it comes out on the 15th, on steam. I will be sure to give you loads of screen shots. I want to start off Steam, so might as well do it know.

It is going to be a big war between Terrans and the Commenwealth. I look forward to it... and SAYA KHO IS DEAD!! (I think)

In the trailer you see her blowing up the Earth Torus, she will not have been able to escape... or could she. :P

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

It seems rather crazy how Saya Kho is even able to blow up Earth Torus, since its such a large structure. Im guessing the Terran turn around and start attacking Argon. Oh well, it will be interesting to see your pictures. Let us know how you get on with steam.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Will do, if I have enough money after Christmas shopping and that I will defiantly buy it. If not on the 15th, then it will be after Christmas.

Even though the terran's are very powerful, you would think the commonwealth would crush them easily. But will they throw in Xenon?

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Additional Info - added 8 Dec 11
X3: Albion Prelude requires X3:TC to be installed. It is preferable to have a clean (i.e. unmodified) installation, as modified TC files may cause problems with Albion Prelude. X3AP will use a separate savegame folder, so backing up savegames will not be necessary. Consequently, once Albion Prelude is installed you will still have uninterrrupted enjoyment of TC as they will exist side by side. - Toastie
- Egosoft

Great... need to re-install TC.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I know, really X3AP should of been a standalone product rather than a addon I think. Im gonna make some decisions about the x-games over the next week or so. ie. to see what im going to do about it all. Recent events have added to things.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I don't think it is an add-on, it says add-on price, but I think it just means its a full game but it costs as much as an add-on game.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

well... technically its an add-on as it needs the original game to work. When I meant about making it a standalone product, I meant so it didnt require X3TC to function. Although I guess that would mean there be two copies of X3TC dat/cat's, however it makes things much easier.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Fair enough, do you think you will make a mod for it. I guess a few alterations to your TC one would be good for AP.

Looks like I will not be buying it on the 15th. My work has delayed payment..... but after christmas you can expect me to be feeding back to you.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hey mate, you may want to check out one of my x-sites for more information.

novacatt

novacatt avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hiya Roguey & Peeps, Wave

Hmm.. Looks like I've a job ahead of me then, especially if Admrl Roguey wants screenies..... :p

I bit the bullet & registered my Superbox code on Steam & let it d/l a full copy of TC (it took 5-6 hr's to d/l & install it via Steam v's about half hour or so installing from DVD.... Eek Go nuts) so I can get hold of a free copy of Albion Prelude when it's released in the next day or so...

I now have a completely vanilla copy of TC to my name.... LOL ROFL (all my other copies of TC are modded to some degree.. Roll eyes)

I know once AP d/l's & installs, I'm gonna haveta clear out my savegame folder to make way for the new saves associated with playing it... Roll eyes

So once I get it up & running, I'll have to see about grabbing some screenies for ya, Roguey... (Provided I remember to take them... LOL Been playing Skyrim lately, but starting to get bored with it already... So many bugs it ain't funny... Bash the wall)

Cheers & Thranx

change without Subject to notice.... :p watch this space... (<-- --> this one, not that one.. --> <-- Spit LOL)
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

ah, well two of you have it. You could always use the blog feature and post your stuff to the site (you both should have access to it).. just goto Blog home (on the right, pull-down box), where you can add your blog.

Myself, I wont be getting the game, atleast not for a very long time (if at all). Basically this marks the end of egosoft games for me: Its been great, but I am not willing to put any-more time into supporting any of their games.

I know the community hasnt said anything on the egosoft boards, so I know people arent too bother either. My news system will be disabled now, as the sites will be put into a lock-down. I am moving onto the PS3 now - thanks ego for no support.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Turns out I will have it soon, got paid. Will be buying it tonight! I shall tell you what it is all about.

You need to log-in to post here.