A bit of Extra help

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » A bit of Extra help

Relicalchaos

Relicalchaos avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

First let me introduce myself. My name is Cal, and I've just recently gotten into the X3 series. I'm still fairly new (started in X3AP about 3 days ago), but I pick up things pretty fast.

My current game, I'm pretty well set on my UT traders.. I have a High yield silicone mine producing +5. So I'm pretty happy til later when I can tractor my mine a bit closer to the gate so my CAGs don't Have a long way of travel. I will eventually have a good looped system going when my funds are more desirable.

I started the series as Bankrupt Assassin. I like the rough start. Helped the learning curve severely. Most of my reputations are high. I changed my mamba to a Nova and fitted it with HEPTS and MDs. Love it.. However, I'm at the point where I'm just not sure, what my next ship will be (Plus the Nova is getting weak at this point). Maybe an M3+, or hop into an M6, or M7? I definitely have the trading, complex management, and CAG system down. Its just as far as fighters/ other ships.. Just not sure where to go with it.

I understand there is no "best ship".. and I know every ship class has different roles. Just not sure whats the best to roll with? I am definitely ready to start the learning curve past the nova, and get into something more suitable.

Any pointers would be much appreciated. Any ship, any race. I will work towards anything at this point.

Love the site BTW. Great work!

Another Off topic here. Wheres a good sector where I can get into some action. I'm assuming some of the pirate sectors? I know xenon sectors are out lol. Just by some of the reading, its pretty unbelievable the staggering number of ships in those sectors.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

hi and welcome to the site Cal..

hmmm.. well the M6 class is a massive leap from the M3 class: a few turrets, use of 200MJ shields etc. However to outfit an M6 (and buy) will take longer than a M3+, but its like reaching a milestone (having your own M6). I normally go for the Argon Centaur (raw damage and shields) or the Split Dragon (for speed). As you said, there is no right or wrong path, its just what you prefer.

as for fights.. well pirate sectors offer a few ships. Fight missions offer increasing harder challenges (these are found by the red circles on a station, then communicating with the person offering the job). Then the really hard places being in Xenon sectors or in the Terran war sectors.

Thanks for you kind words about the site, any more questions just let us know.

Relicalchaos

Relicalchaos avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Oh yea! I've done all the missions I could possibly do. I can make about 3 mil in about 20 mins. I love the missions that give you 10 mins and you can make 2 mil. Lol with a jumpdrive, you can make some serious coin. I have a magnetar with A speedy transport kestrel (m5), and my nova docked. I usually fly around in a speedy transport (while If I need the magentar, Jumpdrive to me in an instant). I also heard/read that it depends on the ship your in which bases the time frame of the mission. Hence why I use a lil bit slower ship to go mission hunting.. Not sure if its true but .. oh well.

Thanks for your input though. I've actually played the game for alittle more over a week, Now that I actually looked. I have about 130 hours. Doesn't seem much, But, trust me, I have a good handle on things..... Except for ship classes so far. I will definitely look into some of the m6s.

As far as the terrans, I understand that you can't honestly be in "good terms" of as far as rep (My rep is high but doesn't matter). Guess that's just part of the plot. They attack my UTs/CAGs sometimes! But there smart enough to jump out. Thank you FIght command Mk1 and 2.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

130 hours eh? thats more than me on X3AP - only got 48 hours myself. However with managing a site, playing X3AP, xmas and other things as meant that I havnt had tons of time for playing X3AP. Its just been a busy time for me.

I started as the Terran Commander so im on good terms with the Terran's and its great fun attacking Argon's like pirates. I have just recently borrowed a ship from them (check my blog for that).

Fight missions are great money makers - I pretty sure what ship you fly as no effect on the time frame. Maybe it does?

Relicalchaos

Relicalchaos avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Yea, the more embarrassing part is its probably been less than a week. This game just consumes me!

Yea Eve online is a pay to play. $15 a month. The game is O.K. The problem is, instead of having a CLS and CAG to do all your tedious chores like in X3, Eve makes you do them all without SETA.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

lol, I know that feeling all to well Smile

EdmondDollhyrniak

EdmondDollhyrniak avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 12 years ago.

I'm not brand new to the X series but i started playing again when the expansion came out and i have about 8+ hours game time and up to planetary senator for the Terrans, but i cant seem to be able to hire a atmospheric Lifter to buy a station in Terran space. They don't give you an option to hire. have you or anyone else came across a bug with that or is it that i do not have a high enough Rep level with them.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hi Edmond, well that's one of the problems (no TL's to hire). Atmospheric Lifters are supposed to taking people to the planet. I ended up saving my money up and getting my own TL - an Hercules. You are bound to get your own TL anyway just that this forced me to get my own a bit quicker. The use of jumpdrive on a TL does help a lot although.

You need to log-in to post here.