Emergency Jump

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Emergency Jump

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

How in the world do I use the Emergency Jump? I have seen people mention it many times, but how do I activate/use it?

Relicalchaos

Relicalchaos avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

Ctrl C to bring up your command console.

Navigation

Jump to

choose a sector

Now choose a gate

The sector map will show how much energy you have in your cargohold, and how much energy it will take to jump to each sector (from your location).

novacatt

novacatt avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hiya Roguey & Peeps, Wave

@bozo64r....
Hiya mate,
What you need to do to set it is almost exactly the same as mentioned by Relicalchaos, except in this case you will find the Emergency Jump commands are underneath the turret commands area, in the same place as the "Auto Jump" commands...
IE: Press "C" to bring up your pilot/ship commands menu, scroll down as if you were going to access your ships turret commands, underneath it you will find the "Extra Commands" menu section & it should be in that general area...

How the emergency jump command works is, once your ships shields take "x" amount of damage (as set by you in the Emergency Jump settings) if your ship has a Jump Drive installed it attempt to automagically jump you out of the sector you're in to a "safer" sector (generally the next sector) allowing you time to let your shields recharge &/or for you to make emergency repairs, you'll have to manually jump/fly back into your previous sector if you wish to continue to fight you were in....

HTH,

Cheers & Thranx

change without Subject to notice.... :p watch this space... (<-- --> this one, not that one.. --> <-- Spit LOL)
Relicalchaos

Relicalchaos avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

I didn't know there was an auto jump feature.

In all honesty, I don't find it all that useful. What happens if your shields take that "X" amount of damage, but your actually turning the tables and winning the fight at that point? Your still going to jump a sector next to/near, and have to jump back in to finish the job. Sure your shields will be recharging, but so will the OpFor.

Besides I find it much more useful to have that emergency Wing you can call upon for those emergency situations.

There's also drones.... Sure they not the greatest, but they do take the heat off for a few moments to give you that buffer.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

It does not work for me, I have it set to 20% for both my Titans, and they don't jump, I think it is because of the Combat Commands, I tell them both to 'Attack All Enemies' and they keep the command for about 10 seconds then it switches back to 'None'

You need to log-in to post here.