Flail Barrage question

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Flail Barrage question

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

Here goes ...

The problem i have is as follows i have setup a flail missile factory to supply my cobra for boarding ops.

the problem i am having is to do with the cobra , the problem as far as i can see stems from m2 as m1 and other ships seems to be ok.

i have usually approx 220 missiles on cargo. ready for boarding op.

i highlight my prey click menu (left hand side of screen) missile barrage then NOTHING!! i also click the ship icon on screen and choose missle barrage NOTHING !!

I am having to individually launch over 100 missles and then it will barrage.

Other ships seem to be ok same amount of missles exactly and will launch.

its annoying !!! i am working around the issue but just wanted to know if it was a FEATURE!!!

thanks in advance

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

hi there,

Are you hostile with the ship? as the missiles wont lock-on to friendly ships. You can force this by setting the owner race of the ship to hostile too in your command section.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

definately pirate brigatine !!

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Since 2.0 Missile Barrage only works with Hammers. Flails won't launch in Barrage anymore.

That said, it doesn't matter that much for Flails, as they are multiwarhead anyway, and have a very short launch time, so you can spam them nearly as fast as you could barrage them, and they already are multiple warhead so they aren't likely to be shot down.

EDIT: I didn't realize that you said other ships are able to barrage Flails. I thought it was taken out purposely, I didn't realize that it may be a bug in the Cobra.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Ok More info

sorry about this but it is happening just capped a carrack with flail barrage with my cobra 3 barrages plus 4 (sweet)

so it is working but not on m2's

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Ok More info

sorry about this but it is happening just capped a carrack with flail barrage with my cobra 3 barrages plus 4 (sweet)

so it is working but not on m2's
- suzukigsxr

I noticed that I couldn't barrage flails on a Kyoto last night, and figured that they just removed that ability. Fortunately you can spam them enough that it doesn't matter that much, but I could see the issue if you relied entirely on flails and didn't suppliment them with hammers.

OOZ662

OOZ662 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

I remotely fired a 1-salvo barrage of 16 flails from my Gannet about an hour ago from the secondary commands thing...like where you run Missile Defense Mosquito from.

You need to log-in to post here.