Easy ways to make money!

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Easy ways to make money!

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

So... how do you guys make your credits. I know station building is the most profitable, but I tend to stay away, I struggle to makes ends meet most the time. This is the two main ways I make money.

1) Boron Freighters in Family Whi.
-Familt Whi is a boarder sector, so Boron ships can pass through, if you shoot a Boron ship you will not get chased by the police. I tend to stay away from Boron sectors, so I don't mind losing a bit of notoriety. But when I Have just an M3, I attack and capture the Boron Dolphins, you get a 300,000 a ship at the Seizewell shipyards, although varies on the amount of Hull it has left, but sometimes I repair them with the repair laser on my space suit, I kept one of the dolphins, and it collects the wares that the Boron's drop. Make a lot of money. I use this method mainly in the early stages of the game, before I have an empire.

2) Shares Big grin
-I can sit on the share market, but a few millions on a ware or company, and with a bit of luck it jumps up to a few million profit. (I actually have 180million credits invested to the stock market, saving it for a rainy day)

3) Mission to destroy freighters.
-I love the missions that gave you a few million per ship destroyed, It is normally three freighters, easy credits! Big grin The only down side is losing notoriety, but I easily make that back with the War Effort.

How do you lot easily make money?

Alpharius77

Alpharius77 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

I find sthe stock exchange is an easy way to make credits but tends to be boring. I know many people on the EgoSoft board (before I left) were up in arms about it being "and exploit". I personally believe what one poster said about it "X3 is a Single Player Game, if you dont want to use or like an exploit the answer is simple. Dont use it."

I like doing "transport military personnel missions". When your notoriety gets up higher you can make fast money doing these (1 Mil+ a run sometimes)

I personally have NEVER, and I do mean NEVER, made a single profitable credit in stations or complexes.For me they seem a waste of time, take too much money to start, and take too long to make a return without running SETA for like 10 hours a day (I am sure I will get fragged for that comment). =)

But like I said this is just what I like to do to make money.

"Courage will carry you only so far; overwhelming firepower will take you the rest of the way" -- Unknown Infantryman
cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Well, I play TC but am told that it and AP have lots of similar game points.

When I first began the game I'm playing (back in July), I hurried up and got a nice TP and fitted it with a jump.
I started doing a LOT of passenger missions. I have found several where I got paid way over 3,000,000 credits.

When I get bored killing Xenon or doing assassination missions, I dust off my TP and pick up a few million credits moving people and troops around.

I found some of the best cash was available in sectors near where 2 races were warring each other.

**LOL. Not quick enough with my typing

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

I made money on the stock exchange too, although I dont think its much fun either. The main way I make money is UT's, Complexes, boarding and kill missions.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

I made most of my initial money running combat missions in my Nova Prototype, and selling CIGs from then Centaur when money got tight. I used this money to buy a large crystal factory. From there I played the stock market to kake an additional 7 million. I used this to make a 1mj shield factory.

I played the stock market again and made enough to make a warhead complex that actually lost money initially. (I spent more on e-cells than I made on warheads. ) I played one more time and built a self sustained drone complex. After that stocks became small change that aren't worth my time any more. I currently have 6 space weed complexes throughout the X universe, 5 weapons complexes, and my initial drone complex for money. My other plexes are missile plexes, hq building material plexes, and weapons complexes that I keep all.the weapons being built.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

Way for me to make money lasting vengeance

boarding zeus sending to paranid prime start again 50 mil easily 15mins work!!

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Way for me to make money lasting vengeance

- suzukigsxr

Good point. Although by the time I started doing this I already made over a billion dollars so I didn't think much of the profit from the boarding. I just boarded them to gain fight skills. I have 58 successful boardings and at least 30 of those were that Zeus.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

Initially I scavenged missiles till I could hit the stock market.
Made my first million from Nostrop shares.
There was bug on missions that slowed the game down so I stopped doing them till v1.1
After that though it was back to taxi missions which is as quick as the Stock Exchange at making credits and more fun.
Throw on build missions and return ship missions and the bank balance starts to build.
I build factories for my own weaponry, stimulating the (Terran) economy and undermining the Argon authorities.
As far as profits are concerned they are there, but missions and the stock exchange seem much more profitable at this point.
Of course I'm rather limited in where I can build, the Argon will attack anything their patrols come across so I'm trapped in the Solar System, Twisted Skies and Unknown Sectors that don't get overrun by Xenon or Pirates.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

Your text goes here..
- suzukigsxr
at least 30 of those were that Zeus.
- martimus

What is so good about the Zeus, is it easy to board?

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Your text goes here..

What is so good about the Zeus, is it easy to board?
- bozo64r

It is easy to board, respawns almost instantly, is worth ~80M, and is one jump from a ship yard so you dont have to fuss with a jump drive. It is probably the best ship to use to train your marines and it wont ruin your rep with any of the races.

Triscopic

Triscopic avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

...and it wont ruin your rep with any of the races.
- martimus

Except the Paranid surely?

I used the Stock Exchange early on to build up a large (+200 mil) fortune. I think I was lucky though - most things were hovering in the high 90s when I started. Now very few things seem to be at or near the 100 mark at any one time. I've since reinvested in a large number of complexes producing weapons, missiles, shields (1MJ in particular!), microchips and computer components.

As far as I'm concerned the easiest way to make money once you have a good sum is to build a closed loop making missiles near an equipment dock that doesn't sell them. Use the "Manual Trade Run" command from your factory to the dock and you have money coming in all the time. Best side effect is you can stop the trader any time to build up a cache of said missiles. My Flail fab was my best construction yet. The second best side effect is you can also make a killing on the stock exchange if there is demand for the missile: let the factory fill up, buy shares, sell stock, sell shares = bonus money of maybe 6x the selling price of that stock.

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

It's a pirate zeus. Duke has hq in that sector.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

Oh, that Zeus...

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
Triscopic

Triscopic avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Oh, that Zeus...
- Ripskar

+1

drone_zero

drone_zero avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I go stock exchange for my first 10 mil, use the money to get a bunch of UTs going. Then while they tick away, I do missions until I have ammassed about 100 mil. Then I buy a TL and use the remaining 70 mil to build a fully self sustained space weed complex. That turned out to be free money. with my fist 300 mil I built a 68 station complex (including 6 asteroids) to mass produce space weed and space fuel. I am almost making money faster than I can spend it! I'm sure there are better ways to make cash, but this definately works. I know a lot of people hate the hassle of building complexes, but the right complex in the right place will make you rich quick.

The first few game days can be a real pain. It takes money to make money. I like the stock exchange as an alternative to the early game. I think it is one of the better features that AP brought to the table. But who seriously wants to spend their nights playing 'spreadsheets in spaaaaace!'

You need to log-in to post here.