Modding Suggestion

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Modding Suggestion

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 12 years ago.

So, I've played through X3:AP, and even posted a couple of my findings...also I'm without an internet connection, so got some spare time on my hands. Well I did a bit of research, and this is my idea for a mod:

Let's start out with the map, the basic idea is to make distance matter. First, all gates get changed to accelerators, so you can't jump to them. I'd keep a couple gates around to connect the universe, making long-range roads (think Getsu Fune - Kingdom End).

Next up are Jump Beacons, those should be sold and used in 2 variants: Public and Private. Public jump beacons are placed by the AI, everyone can use them. Private ones get used or even seen only by you and your ships.

Race Changes: Things get messy here, but basically I'd like TrueRelations and sector takeover from Improved Races implemented,

Weapons and Ships: both will need a bit of rebalancing...but don't know how much right now, what I do know is, the Missile Spam has to stop...a couple % less by default should go a long way.

These are basic ideas, there is more behind it, but I really want to get some input on this first, so please comment, also if anyone is interested in helping out it would be great.

Burn rubber, not your soul!
bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

Yo Nethawk Big grin Long time no see.

Lets start out with the map, the basic idea is to make distance matter. First, all gates get changed to accelerators, so you cant jump to them. Id keep a couple gates around to connect the universe, making long-range roads (think Getsu Fune - Kingdom End).
- NetHawk

No. I do not agree, the jumpdrive is the original story behind the X series. Kyle Brennan and his X-experimental ship. I believe that gates should stay. You can't use the jumpdrive to get to accelerators. They should stay the same.

Race Changes: Things get messy here, but basically Id like TrueRelations and sector takeover from Improved Races implemented,
- NetHawk

I agree, I want to see the Paranid trying to take Clousbase South West, and the owner changing to Paranid. And the Argon trying to get it back. Although adding caps onto this would stop the Split for example taking over every Boron sector.

Weapons and Ships: both will need a bit of rebalancing...but dont know how much right now, what I do know is, the Missile Spam has to stop...a couple % less by default should go a long way.
- NetHawk

I agree with this also, although when i questioned this on the the Ego board, I saw that people thought it was fine. Due to the fact that there are not enough missiles to do much damage. Firstly good missiles cost tens of thousands each, and they take ages to make in a complex or station.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

hey m8, nice to see your still around.

I wouldnt be too much of a fan removing all the gates and replacing them with accelerators - when you get further into the game its great being able to jump around the universe so quickly. What I would suggest with the universe was something I was working on but stopped: the idea of making the universe into a large cloud. In the middle would be neutral sectors or even Pirate whilst the outsides would have race owned sectors. Im not sure how well jump beacons would handle a lot of traffic too - usually they just do a few odd ships.

The idea about the universe would effect the races too.

The missile spam... such a mixed bag. When your in a smaller ship its a real problem, *incom... *inco... *inco however in a larger ship it barely noticeable (most of the time) especially with some turrets helping with missile defence. I think the problem is with missiles is that they lost their role. How different is an missile in star-trek?

You need to log-in to post here.