Best Equipment dock and/or Trading Station

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Best Equipment dock and/or Trading Station

Osemaj

Osemaj avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 11 years ago.

Ok, so i'm about to buy my first EQ dock because i want to start equipping the 'East India Co.' fleet for service, and a PHQ isn't wonderful for that when stocked with shipbuilding materials, so which EQ dock is best for storage space/capital docking/[TS/TP/M6 docking]?
also, i was thinking of setting up a trading network and wondered which trading station had the best of the about stats (with the exception of capital docking, obviously)
thanks,
Osemaj
(P.S. If they're all exactly the same in all respects except appearance, I apologise for my stupidity)

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

I play TC. But from what I understand the stations and ships that exist in both games are pretty close, if not the same, in stats.

In TC the main difference, as I found so far, is the purchase price of the Equipment Dock and Trading Station/Port.

I plan to get AP once it's out on disc, if it every happens, so I'm interested to see how others reply to your questions.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 11 years ago.

The Boron equipment dock is the only one that allows infinite storage of all non-capitals. However, the internal docking causes issues with collisions on some ships, so you will need to let those ships clear the tadpoles of doom in autopilot before taking control to avoid losing them. Two of the affected ships are the Hyperion and the Springblossom.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

Both Argon and Teladi trading station have internal docking for infinite fighters. The Teladi one is far better though in my opinion as it has seperate docking/undocking paths, meaning that your undocking ships won't collide with the docking ones. The Argon trade station has a combined entry/exit system that has been known to cause issues.

The Boron equipment dock is the only one that allows infinite storage of all non-capitals. However, the internal docking causes issues with collisions on some ships, so you will need to let those ships clear the tadpoles of doom in autopilot before taking control to avoid losing them. Two of the affected ships are the Hyperion and the Springblossom.
- martimus

I didn't know that about the Boron EqD. I didn't think anywhere in the game had infinite storage for TS/TP/TM class ships. As for the internal docking of Corvettes, I thought all Corvettes were affected? I certainly seem to remember suddenly dying when my Heavy Centaur Prototype got caught inside the docking slot :p

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Osemaj

Osemaj avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Ok, so Boron is best for docking non capitals, but can cause crashes (i've had to autopilot undock from boron EQDs in my osprey many a time Smile ) teladi is best for non-crashing. Anyone know about capital docking or storage space differences?
and thanks for the replies guys
Osemaj

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Not sure of any changes in AP, but for TC I just pick any Equipment Dock--all the ones I see only dock 2 capitals. Storage sucks in all Race E.D.'s. I just park a TS or TL at my Equipment Docks for supplies.
My Equipment Docks can store 2500 E-cells, a bare-bones Mercury can store 4,000 (with cargo bay upgrade).

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Osemaj

Osemaj avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

damn, you're right that does suck..
in AP (SPOILERS)
the EQ docks have different race specific models
(SPOILERS)
so they all look wildly different, so i thought they might dock different numbers of capitals, but it seems not..
never mind, i'll just go with a split one then..
Thanks to all,
Osemaj

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

You can get around the lack of storage space on an EqD by docking a TL, usually a Mammoth or Terran MMBS. If you don't mind boarding one there's also the Terran Atmospheric Lifter, or if you're modified there's the Goner Ozias, the only TL that can dock TS/TP class ships. Of course, you could use an Aran if you can find one and fill that up with high capacity TS, like the Mistral Super Freighter.

Then use CLS pilots to ship your various wares from production (or purchase) and store them at the TL.

In my first vanilla playthrough of TC I set up an EqD and TL for every system I built complexes in and CLS to keep them all topped up with stock for outfitting whatever fleet I was buying. It's a pain in the ass to set it all up, but with CLS once it's done it's fire and forget.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
leko

leko avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

The Boron equipment dock ...the internal docking causes issues with collisions on some ships, ... affected ships are the Hyperion and the Springblossom.
- martimus

Hi martimus, kirlack,

Did some testing with my hyperion, after tuning the rudder with crates everything is okay !
Other result : if you overtune speed, ALWAYS try to mach with rudder, or else ai flies like a blindfolded pilot!

Happy games, leko

You need to log-in to post here.