Money Making Guide

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Money Making Guide

JamieSwoish

JamieSwoish avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

There are several ways to make big money very early in the game. My personal favorite is using the Trader start with 2 ships as you can sell ore for min price (50) in emperors mines or ore mines and selling it in cloudbase areas for max (200+). While using this tactic you can head to yaki space to get a cargo hold life support so you can do passenger transport (big money fast in small ships).

The very first expanding thing i try to do is play nice with the yaki to use their stock exchange then take my discoverer and start exploring. The first area I try to get to is the Pluarch Mining HQ as their stock sells for minimum on the stock market and for a 15million investment for all their stock you can "manipulate" the stock market by taking your trading ship and turning it into a sector trader or just trading in their area after you buy their stock to make the stock price raise to max. When you sell their stock at max you make around 10 million for about an hours worth of work (plus all the profit you made trading there). It is a wonderful loop as when you leave the system and stop trading it heads right back down to min price very quickly.

After you have a few ships trading for you, money is rarely a problem. Buying and selling on the stock market is a no brainer as you just buy up all the stock at min price and just make money by selling it when it raises a few coins.

It becomes easier as you can manipulate the local markets as well by creating "shortages" by filling up all your TS vessels to make the price skyrocket (so you can sell)and then just sell what your TS has and "flooding" the market to drop the prices again (So you can buy). Ore is an awesome one to manipulate as you make 4x your investment!

I'm currently up to 940 million with about 2 days played on this current profile. I think I have just over 700 hours played total game time as of writing this. I haven't started any of the main plots yet as I prefer steamrolling (having massive overkill worth of ships and resources) games when I get to the point I want to play the plot.

I decided it would be more fun to build resources with everyone as friends, buy up all their factories so I can make it myself, and then make everyone enemies, so I have more things to shoot/cap Smile

Sincerely,
Gaiagrim
"If it moves kill it, if it dies it was bad, and if it blows up at least you get fireworks!"

You need to log-in to post here.