Any insight on how NPC weapons consumption works?

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Any insight on how NPC weapons consumption works?

HairyGhoul

HairyGhoul avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

Something I've been wondering since TC, but have never read anything about and never really experimented with in any organized way, is the question of whether destroying ships which equip a certain weapon will stimulate the NPC race to buy more weapons.

Do the ships that spawn buy their weapons from EQ Docks?

So if I destroy an Oddy that has 4 PSGs (just as an example, I don't know if that's a typical Oddy load), then does that mean that Paranid EQ Dock somewhere is going to use 4 PSGs?

And I guess related, does that mean if there aren't any PSGs at equipment docks, that if I destroy that same Oddy, will it's replacement not get PSGs? I don't care so much about this, but I would like to know more about stimulating more NPC demand for goods.

I have a nice little resource monopoly in Yaki space and the Yaki have build PSG forges which I supply all the goods to run, but now all the Paranid EQ Docks are full and the factories are full.

So far getting the Paranid to encounter Xenon more often SEEMS to be working for increasing PSG sales, but it might just be my imagination. Thought I'd see if anybody has anything to say on this topic.

Thanks!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I would of thought that they dont use the items from the equipment docks, purly as there isnt enough to stock a ship (ie. only 4 x PPC's). Capital ships often use 20, 30+ of some guns - so there wouldnt be enough. Maybe if the docks could store 30-50 of each, then this could work.. Although they might take whats remaining?

HairyGhoul

HairyGhoul avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

Yeah, I figured there had to be a baseline loadout for a ship - the minimum it spawns with, but then as the weapons become more available at the dock (if they ever do) then when the ships spawn, they will consume those weapons.

I've scanned some big Paranid ships with some really crummy loadouts - as if the ships that spawn when there is nothing available at the equipment docks come with just the bare minimum.

It would seem like this would also have the benefit inside of the game of making potential enemies more deadly, if the player is flooding the market with weapons.

I don't have a lot of empirical evidence yet, but I'm pretty sure something like this is going on. Like I said, I pretty much have the PSG market cornered, and the Paranid were NOT consuming them (at all I think, but if they were it was something like 2 per day) until I hooked up Cardinal Domain to Xenon 627. Now they're selling reasonably well. Before that in my game, I don't think there was anywhere that Paranid ships were regularly getting destroyed. Now there is constantly a fleet with an Oddy, a Zeus and a Deimos going up against 4 Qs at a time...

I'm going to go start scanning the Paranid Ships going into combat with the Xenon and see what loadouts they have, and then see if the Paranid consume those goods when the next ship starts heading for battle. But that seems like it will be difficult.

I just wondered if anybody had ever found anything about this in any of those game files they look in...

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

as far as im aware no they dont use them but they can consume them... freighters will dock and buy from EQD's same as yours will if its the cheapest place in range. normally you will find its the opposite way around though, ships will buy from the fabs and sell to the EQd's.

some of the weapons are "consumed" though, i think this is to create the illusion that they are buying them for use on the ships being built by that race. that said i dont know anything about the coding so that might be wrong but with my rudimentary knowledge of the dynamics of the game i suspect that is the case.

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

like Con said to create a market for good they 'Vanish' from stations even if no one is docked, because if the didn't vanish then the goods would just sit and the game economy is like crap (pre 2.5.1 Terran economy had this problem, well there problem was the market for terran stuff is so small GoD thinks it is funny to get rid of things imo)

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

as ive said before i dont do coding, i only make my assumptions knowing roughly how the dynamic of the game works... and im assuming that what ive said is the case... maybe someone with more knowledge could verify

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

because if the didn't vanish then the goods would just sit and the game economy is like crap
- JackKiller2266

Kind-of feels they done something wrong here. For example take PPC's, the most which can be in-stock is 4 - no way enough to equip a capital full ship. So rather using the stock of a EQ to equip a capital the units have to disappear. However for smaller ships (M3/4/5 etc.) usually there is enough weapons for them (in-fact too many - do we really need 1,000+ IRE's?).

Id like of seen ships use the EQ for equipment and get rid of this sink idea but for this they would have to store of lot more units of the bigger weapons (say 100-200 for all), maybe even a full range of weapons too rather than this race only stuff too.

You need to log-in to post here.