Show me your... missile!

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Show me your... missile!

Ladoc

Ladoc avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hey there!
Just wanted to do a quick poll-ish thingy on which missiles you like to use and why!
If you like you can just leave a small post on the 2-3 types of missiles you like to
use most and why you like these babys so much...

I'll start:
I'm a big fan of swarm missiles, since they are great to keep turrets busy and
still deliver some damage if some of them get shot down...
I mostly use Wasp missiles against M4(+)s and M5s and Typhoons against M3(+)s and M6(+)s.
Wreaks havoc!
Also these babys don't take up too much cargo space... (Which is an important factor for me,
since I usually use M6s and M7s for their speed and versatility.)
Against M7s I usually keep some Banshees at hand...
(Not as much since I only build Wasps and Typhoons myself)
If I encounter any M1s or M2s I usually just gtfo...

Imma firin mah lazor!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Just wanted to do a quick poll-ish thingy on which missiles you like to use and why!
- Ladoc

Why not create a poll? Smile Would be a good test since the changes to the poll system - allowing anyone to cast a vote now, rather than just registered users.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hurricanes, Tempest and Hornets.

Hurricanes kill M5s and M4s. Tempest Kill M3s, Hornets kill M6s and M7s. Those are the only 3 I build/use not including Terran missiles or specialty missiles (Tomahawk, Flail, Hammer). All Terran Missiles are good, but since they are so limited they have to be. Hurricanes are IMO hands down the best buildable CW missile in the game its hit rate is so high its staggering.

The problem with tracking swarm missiles is that their collision avoidance kicks in near the target and they miss. Its crazy you can launch 10 wasp swarms and they never hit an m3. The Terran one doesn't seem to suffer from this though.

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Wasps, Thunderbolts, Typhoons

wasps for the pesky M5's, for all i agree with Sinxar, there does seem to be a "bug" in their avoidance, ive got the knack of using them.

Thunderbolts... are great for taking down M4/M3 class ships... to be honest ive managed to bring down M6's pretty effectivly using them as well. used to use Tempest but started to find i was getting better hit rates with the Thunderbolts, so changed.

Typhoons for those bigger M6/M7 targets....

that said in AP there is a missile ive run through more than any other!! Mossies.... MDS :p

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
Ladoc

Ladoc avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

Why not create a poll? Smile Would be a good test since the changes to the poll system - allowing anyone to cast a vote now, rather than just registered users.
- Roguey

Oh, it is actually possible for any user to start a poll?
Didn't know that...
Will remember that from now on...
Thanks, anyways...

Imma firin mah lazor!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Oh, it is actually possible for any user to start a poll?
- Ladoc

Yes, once they reach level 2.

You need to log-in to post here.