new player ship

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » new player ship

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

so i am thinking about replacing my aging Mamba(Bankrupt Assassin Start), its shields (only 2 X 25MJ) are starting to not last against the enemy's i am facing and i was wonder what people think a good replacement would they need to be M3 or M3+, my reps are

- Argon Protector of the Federation 92%
- Boron Nobel Peer 78%
- Split Comrade 92%
- Paranid Friend of Priest King 50%
- Teladi Company Owner 7%
- Terran Revolutionary 82% (No help there)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

hmm.. well, I would suggest going for a M6 - as its a bigger leap from a Mamba. Something like the Split Dragon would be good for you maybe.. surely you can work on one race rep points to get one?

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

well i am on a slight money issue right now, and i am willing to get my rep up, that and i do not want a M6 right now

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 11 years ago.

I suggest a nova raider. I found that it was more useful to me than a Centaur, and even more survivable. I didn't change my player ship until I bought a Skiron.

I switched to the free Centaur after getting it, and I kept getting killed in the harder fights. Switching back to my Nova made those fights a heck of a lot easier. It has a good combination of firepower, speed, and shielding.

Another option is the Eclipse, which has great shields (best of its class) to go with very good firepower. The speed of the ship leaves something to be desired though. (130 m/s)

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

i am thinking about getting a Venti 10 EBC's(i have like 35 in my Chokaro's hold) its still got good speed and 4X25 MJ( not as much as the eclipse and more than the Raider) it is also faster than the raider at the expense of Accl. and Rudder and cargo hold, or maybe a Notus, slow (169 m/s) but it has more Cargo than te Venti or Raider, but still less Rudder and Accl.

Da_V_Man

Da_V_Man avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

The Venti is pretty good. It was the M3 I used for AP. Just be sure to have lots of ammo for it.

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

my Mamba has 8 EBC's and that chewed through ammo fast so i can figure the 10 would be more, well the teladi are going to get some business as i am going to by all EBC ammo i can find, so i am going to try the venti, because i have never flown it before

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

If you're looking to increase you race reps, look into a TP.
You can do some "passenger" missions available at stations. Completing these will increase your rep and many of these missions bring in some really nice cash.

I used an Iguana Vanguard in my TC game and was able to increase my combat fleet pretty quickly with the money I made. Some of the "passenger" mission require the use of a 'luxury' transport only, but those were also the highest paying ones.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

i know how to increase rep CJ......

You need to log-in to post here.