Nvidium Mining

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Nvidium Mining

nankura

nankura avatar
Level badge Noviguey (3)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hey guys

Ive been reading guides and i feel abit stupid for having to ask but i just dont understand nvidium mining and how to make a good amount of profit with it, i was wondering if theres a simplistic, step by step guide out there to make money from nvidium either selling it or using the stock exchange

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

hmm.. if I remmeber correctly, your remotely order your ships to mine and fill up another ship, then sell the ship. Maybe this will help:
- OOS Nividium Mining,

Zolt

Zolt avatar
Level badge Newguey (1)
Posted 11 years ago.

The guide above may not apply to X3AP. They definitely have blocked the exploit that allowed you to mine unlimited Nividium and I suspect any kind of fully automated mobile mining operation may be broken too.

I used a setup similar to that in the link and it worked well for a few minutes, then the supply of nividium and other minerals suddenly dropped as there were no more rocks to collect.

For now if you really want to get some nividium in AP I suggest you don't mount a huge setup: just find a nividium asteroid or rocks, blow it up into the smallest possible chunks so it can be collected. Then jump out of the sector and set a single TS to collect rocks. You should end up with a few hundred units of NV, don't expect to fill 10s of TS with the stuff any more.

CuAnnan

CuAnnan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

The guide above may not apply to X3AP. They definitely have blocked the exploit that allowed you to mine unlimited Nividium and I suspect any kind of fully automated mobile mining operation may be broken too.
- Zolt

No bother, the asteroids themselves regenerate after a time.

Zolt

Zolt avatar
Level badge Newguey (1)
Posted 11 years ago.

OK, I did some more experiments yesterday on mobile mining in AP, some interesting points to note:

- Most importantly, miners now take damage even when OOS if they don't have very good shielding. Most of my miners came with 1 or 5 MJ shields and after a couple hours mining OOS, I've had to pull almost half of them with significant hull damage - no losses yet but it was close. It looks like several 25MJ shields are now a must -have, which raises the cost per ship considerably.

- "Collect rocks" definitely doesn't work forever like it used to in TC. After a short while the ship runs out of stuff to collect. Out of one rating 5 Nividium asteroid completely blown up, I must have harvested a total of 5-600 units. That's a good bit of money but don't expect to become a billionaire from this.

- For an automated mining operation (Silicon, Ore), ships should be set to "mine minerals" and have some weapons mounted (Basic IRE's are fine). This command can now mobile mine Ice too, which I haven't tried yet.

- Mining ships should be homebased to a TL in the sector. If set to mine minerals without a homebase they will randomly stop doing anything after a while. (They still show the command "Mine minerals" but action stays "none").

- All in all, the yields seem to be down from X3TC. At the moment I have a fleet of 20 ships mobile mining Silicon, at a cost of about 500k per ship, plus a TL and a ship to ferry the goods. They produce enough Silicon to feed a complex of 4 Crystal Fabs L, so 750/hr. I may be able to get that up to 8-900/hr if iron out a few kinks in my supply chain. Still, that's about the output of 2 silicon mines L on grade 50 asteroids, at over 5 times the cost, plus considerable hassle to get everything set up.

As of now, I cannot recommend automated mobile mining in AP unless you're really desperate for Silicon, or have a massive complex to feed and are not afraid of setting up 200+ mining ships.

A small scale nividium mining operation can be moderately good money earner if you're just starting out (You just need one mining ship and a Hornet missile) but you'll spend a lot of time breaking up rocks. For a player with a high trade rank, it's definitely not the best use of your time.

You need to log-in to post here.