Building in Terran Space

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Building in Terran Space

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

In respionce to questions about what to build in Terran Space; Below is what I have built in Terran Space excluding my own weapons complexes in the Unknown Sectors beyond the Oort Cloud.

Mercury;
Protein Paste Facility M

Venus;
Water Purification Plant L (Ice provided by ship with CLS2 from Logistics Platforms)
MRE Food Loop (Protein Paste Facility L + USC Food Factory L)

Mars;

Jupiter 2;
Carbo Cake Factory L
Protein Paste Facility L

Jupiter 3;
Complex - (5x 1MJ Shields, 1x EMPC, 1x Keris) *Self Sustaining

Saturn 2;
Water Purification Plant L (Ice provided by ship with CLS2 from Uranus Ice Mines)
Protein Paste Facility L

Saturn 3;
Complex - (5x 1MJ Shields, 5x EMPCs) *Imports Crystal

Uranus;
Water Purification Plant L (Ice provided by ship with CLS2 from Uranus Ice Mines)
Protein Paste Facility M

Neptune;
Carbo Cake Factory M
Protein Paste Facility L

Pluto;
Carbo Cake Factory L
Complex - (Crystals)
Complex - (5x 1MJ Shields, 5x EMPCs) *Imports Crystal

Kuiper Belt;
Complex - (5x 1MJ Shields, 5x EMPCs) *Self Sustaining
Complex - (10x 1MJ Shields, 15x EMPCs) *Imports Crystal, see Notes.

Oort Cloud;
Complex - (10x 1MJ Shields, 10x EMPCs)*Semi Open Loop

Megnir;
Complex - (Crystals)
Complex - (HQ Support)

Aldrin 2;
Water Purification Plant L (Ice provided by ship with CLS2 from Megnir Ice Mines)
Player HeadQuarters

Aldrin;
BoFu Food Loop (Biogas Factory M + BoFu Chemical Lab M)
Rastar Food Loop (Chelt Space Aquarium M + Rastar Refinery M)
Massom Food Loop (Scruffin Farm M + Massom Mill M)
Soja Food Loop (Soy Farm M + Soyery M)
Nostrop Food Loop (Flower Farm M + Nostrop Oil Refinery M)

Notes;
Kuiper Belt can be expanded substantially by importing Crystal.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hmm, I see that you have built many factories/complexes. How can we make use of the Gate-Hub? What sectors to link with which sectors?

And what about the other part of the x-universe, we build in terran space but what about the other territories? for me I just navigate and see what ships to capture/board. Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I have 2 Space Weed 'plexes; 1 in Harmony of Perpetuity and another in the Unknown Sector east of Legend's Home. These provide income, somewhere to refuel and send a steam of smugglers through Argon space...

I have a Hammer & Flail 'plex in Twisted Skies as my M7M is normally docked at the Military base there whilst my marines are training.

The Hub can be used in various ways;
Omicron Lyrae / Treasure Chest, Getsu Fune / Menelaus Paradise, Xenon Core 023 / Xenon Sector 627 = Xenon invasion through Argon War Sectors...

Asteroid Belt / Heretic's End, Segaris / Megnir, Ceo's Sprite / Blue Profit = increased trade in the Inner Solar System and easier access to Teladi Shipyard. Defences will need to be stepped up in Segaris to face Xenon incursions.

Heretic's End / Circle of Labour, Ceo's Sprite / Blue Profit, Heaven's Assertion / Patriarch's Conclusion = Stable Base in Terran War Sectors (Stability via CLS2 Spitfyres) plus easy access to Teladi, Split and Paranid Shipyards.

You could also link to Unknown Sectors if you want to increase access to any illegal goods you might produce there.

I don't recommend building in Freedom's Reach for certain cough-V.3.0-cough reasons.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Yeah, nice. And the Xenon invasions through Argon War Sectors is a very interesting idea I will execute, however it also threatens the other connected sectors, still I'll try it to weaken the war effort against the Argons specially in Omicron Lyrae.

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Apart from the above I'm looking at building a Forward Operating base in the Southern Sectors consisting of an EQD and a Phantom & Wraith 'Plex, though I haven't settled on a site for it yet.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Again, as I'm currently foe for most of the commonwealth races (but I'm playing another role, Argon Patriot, in parallel with Terran Commander), so I'm not actually building anything in non-terran space. Smile But you have different interests Smile I guess Split & Paranid are friends to you?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I don't recommend building in Freedom's Reach for certain cough-V.3.0-cough reasons.

Oh man, I have a large weed/broze complex in there! Cry

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

;) Nice spoiler alert! lol

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I guess Split & Paranid are friends to you?
- Raptor

I'm on good terms with Split, Paranid, Teladi and Yaki.
However most regions of the Commonwealth have Argon military fleets passing through, so aren't suitable and thus I'm essentially looking for backwater systems off the main trade routes, principally Unknown Sectors with enough Mineral (and Sunlight) resources to support a Self-Sustaining Power Plant and 5 factory (2x Phantom, 3x Wraith) complex, (roughly 75 Silicon, 25 Ore)
So Unknown Sector east of Unseen Domain is the front runner, though Gunne's Crusade and Savage Spur are also contenders.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Unfortunately we can't build Specter nor Ghoul Missile Manufacturing Plants, however there is no problem with the specter as it is available at quite enough quantities in Aldrin and in many docks in the sol system specially terran war sectors in addition to two NPC specter factories. But the problem is that how can we provide enough supplies for the Skirnirs (Ghoul missiles)?

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Ahem* That may be addressed in a future patch... Wink
You never heard me say that, we never met, this conversation never happened...

Moving into shipping I've mentioned that I move Ice around using Baldrics equipped with CLS2 software.
I also use a variety of ships equipped with Trade Command Software Mk.III.
Initially these are released into Aldrin for their period as Sector Traders.
Once they've gained enough levels they can be moved into the Solar System as Local Traders with overlapping areas;
Venus - Range 1, Saturn 2 - Range 1, Titan - Range 1, Uranus - Range 1, Neptune - Range 2, Althes - Range 3. Be aware that they can fly into Jupiter or the Asteroid Belt if you make their ranges too large.
I also have a small group of Universal Traders, all in unarmed Springblossoms, these are quick enough to get out of trouble when they get into it.

I'm currently training a second group of unarmed Springblossoms, these will be used to break the blockade; Jupiter - Range 3, Mars - Range 3.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

OK, I'm not as much interested in trading/building as you do and I'm not using CLS1/CLS2 software, but thanks for the help anyway Wink

I'll just use MK3 Traders and manual trading via commands for special freighters Smile

You need to log-in to post here.