Capturing and Chasing Xenon Ships (Xenon K)

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Capturing and Chasing Xenon Ships (Xenon K)

ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

I love the Xenon I, such a powerful ship.

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!
XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Gz Rougey Big grin, told you can do it.
Ok as for marines f them! You have the most powerful M2+ now in your hands...use it well Wink.
In a few days ill get to that mark Big grin, just need a bit of time hehehehe.

Also make sure you arm him with:
26 PPC's, 16 Gauss is more than enough (so you can have space for missiles because that is the greatest strength of Xenon I), max out Flak's and ISR's and youre done.
By my calculations Xenon I has total 40 Guns.
10+8+8+8+6
Loadouts:
10 PPC/Gauss (Weap swap)
8 PPC/Gauss (Weap Swap)
8 PPC/Gauss (Weap Swap)
8 FAA/ISR (Weap Swap)
6 FAA/ISR (Weap Swap)

At least 100 Typhoons, tons of Firestorms/Hammer's, you can add Hornet's, Tempest's and i think that's about it, the only problem is resupply but if you have Aran it is not a problem Big grin.

Also my Turret config for I (Vanilla):
Attack All Enemies (make sure you eneble weapon switching and missile def) (all in one xD)

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

ah, cheers for the tips; looks like ill have to start cloning some PPC's and hornets for it. It came with like 20-30 Gauss, so im covered there.

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Damn i never got any weapons or shields when i captured mine (back on modified game), all 5 Xenon I i captured were empty :S. So what tactic did you use for boarding? Stacking or?

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well.. to get it I had to send in 20 marines, then boost them by sending extra marines whilst the others were fighting. Basically I was expected to lose quite a lot of them. However brute force won, and I got the ship. The dead marines can re-put back, after much training.

I see why you like the I now - missile spam (of Fire-storms) is deadly;
Picture

Although you got to be able to supply 300-400 of them each time, which is rather costly.

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yea it is Smile. Damn this ship is awesome i just hope that in X Rebirth Egosoft wont weaken him like they did with Xenon K, altough Xenon K is still ok ship, in X2 or X3 Reunion it was deadly.

EDIT: So basically during boarding you used stacking tactic Big grin, told you it has highest sucess.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Phwoar, the K was a monster in X2, going over 300m/s and mounting all the best weapons, but without compromising in the shield department, it was a beast! The K in X3:R was pretty mediocre IMO, it had amazing wep selection, and was really agile, but it had an awful generator, crap shielding and wasn't exactly speedy; it was more of a glass cannon (that could only fire for 5 secs). I'm glad they buffed it for TC and AP, it makes for a more challenging opponent!!

I will be the one to take you down!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

although in X3AP there is a Xenon I which much better than the old K Smile

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.