Capturing and Chasing Xenon Ships (Xenon K)

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Capturing and Chasing Xenon Ships (Xenon K)

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok this is the you tube video which from i learned to succesfully board Xenon Capital ships, its straight forward but very good.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ill have to give them a try soon, just that im been busy doing the plots. I do have a second M7M with another 20 marines. Can 40 marines board a ship at the same time? I know if they can, there would be 20 floating in space after.

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Try with save/load trick.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well tonight ive been trying to board a Xenon Q with little success.

I launched my 40 marines (from two M7M) and after the initial cutting, must of them simply jump out into space (leaving 21). After im down to 18 (deck 2), 15 (deck 3), 12ish (deck 4). Then a complete wipe:

Picture

So, I thought about a staggered launch, firing extra marines to reforce killed marines. I managed to get 18 marines to deck 4, then a instant wipe every-time (countless reloads):

Picture

I know some of the marines are quite low, but there is atleast enough? 25 x 5 star marines and a few 4's. Surely a few 1/2's should help the odds some what? I even get 12 x 5 star marines to deck 4.

Normally my 20 x 5 star can take most capital ships without a problem... let alone an M7. This is turning into a waste of time - the Q isnt worth all that much (mainly want it for the achievement). If 40 marines cant take it; its just crazy! Maybe a Xenon M2 would be easier?

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

While your marines look good, you should have all marines you send on Xenon ships on max meaning:
fighting and other skills on 5.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I guess, although I thought 25 x 5 star marine should be able to get the ship. So im a looking at like 40 x 5 star marines to take a Q?

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

I found the whole boarding process nonsense, time consuming (training marines) and badly implemented (too simplistic)

You want to capture a ship? Then why not check out the x2 intro, now that is how it should be done. LOL

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Time consuming?
Dude i have now 60 marines on almoust level 4, and it took me only 3-4 days to do that, while i doing missions marines are training.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I found the whole boarding process nonsense, time consuming (training marines) and badly implemented (too simplistic)

You want to capture a ship? Then why not check out the x2 intro, now that is how it should be done.
- jjhawk

I've always used an addon that allows you to take command of ships by using a transporter device and computer components. It allows you to take command of any ship of M7 size and under, though I wouldn't be surprised of people said it was cheap. I've also enabled M2 and M1 capture on it once before, but that was too cheap. I found out that a cheap script I use to test out AI ship vs ship battles and testing out new ships in general has a 'force boarding' option, which is like taking any marines you have in your ship and using a transporter device to board the enemy ship, which I thought not only made sense and made any ship a boarding ship, but was still reasonably fair. Someone needs to turn that into a proper addon Wink

All in all, it reminds me of star trek, just beam into the enemy ship!

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!
XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

ThornandSpec@
I suspect that is Improved Boarding right? Big grin
Btw did you learned how to make models in 3ds Max or Gmax? And more imporantly when you want to start the project?

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

ThornandSpec@
I suspect that is Improved Boarding right?
Btw did you learned how to make models in 3ds Max or Gmax? And more imporantly when you want to start the project?
- XeNoN

If it's the computer components boarding addon then yes, it is, it has made making new saves and getting bigger ships way easier which is where it could be called cheap or even cheating, but it's nice to use, makes decent sense too.

I haven't gotten a chance to get to anything yet, I've got finals for school coming up as well as testing, I'll be waaaay more free come June 7th-8th, so plan on something happening around that time, I should have some practice with Gmax by then though hopefully.;)

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

No, it's not Improved Boarding. That script adds a piece of tech to Split EqDs called a 'boarding transporter extension' which costs ~50 million.

I think what Thorn is describing is called the 'Ship Hijacker' script. As long as your ship has a transporter device and at least one computer component aboard you can lower the shields and beam the CC aboard, which then hacks your target and gives you control. You don't even need marines to use it! I've used that script before, it's very cool, but after a while it just took all the challenge out of the game for me.

Don't Xenon cap ships require a minimum of 1600 combined fight skill amongst your marines to ensure successful boarding? (I.E. you need at least 16 maxed fight skill mercs to take it?).

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Kirlack@
WEll yes and no, ive managed (barely) to cap Xenon K on marines with around 3-4 stars but there were tons of casualties xD, but yea the best is 1600.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

ou want to capture a ship? Then why not check out the x2 intro, now that is how it should be done.

For me its something id like of done whilst playing the x-games - ive never claimed one in vanilla before.

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Just buy tons of marines and train them, the best way Quick Training or just go to Lasting Vengeance and cap the Zeus or Nemesis's, there is a video accually on you tube.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I guess what I got:
Picture

Came with quite a bit of stuff too:
Picture

so decided to equip a bit and join forces with my Mega:
Picture

and, seems to work quite well (much better than my Boreas):
Picture

Although I need to get some missiles for it, and fully arm it Smile

I am glad to get one of these ships, as its a bit of land-mark for me.

ps. Dont ask how many marines it cost, cos it was quite a lot.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.