Advice on my idea? O.o (Building a complex)

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Advice on my idea? O.o (Building a complex)

Vaikran

Vaikran avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Im kind of new-ish to X3AP lol.. never played the previous versions but i love this game alrdy. I dont know if my idea is plausible but here i am asking for advice on it :P

I basically want to build a massive complex that produces every single product possible. I alrdy have used Xadrian to get the necessary info down. Heres some info on my complex idea.

Main complex: (2x of every final production station + all intermediate complex needs)
Stations: 487 (every single asteroid with a mining station on it)
Cost: 1,843,212,256 (Yes i know it cost an insane amount but i got time)
Estimated Income: 34,110,498/ Hour (Would take 54 hours to recover the cost of making the complex)
System: Aldrin

Its ALMOST fully Automated on its own. It needs another 1,427 Silicon Wafers/ Hour
My solution to this problem is to setup a secondary complex in Megnir that is fully automated and produces 4,806 Silicon Wafers/hour. Along with a trading Vessel to run back and fourth between the two complexs.

Would this idea work? I know Aldrin is spread out pretty far but i should be able to bridge the gaps between asteroids with over 400 stations. As for the cost... I can slowly build this massive complex and ply the stock market for the money.

“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here.”
―Alice in Wonderland
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

Sure why not.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

hmmm.. myself im not keen on the idea of having trade ships running back and forth, trying to keep up with supplying a v.large complex. Ideally you want them to be local, as there be no wait time for the goods to get to the complex.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Your idea would work fine, although it would have been cheaper to set up a small(ish) mobile mining fleet somewhere quiet and have CLS pilots ship the silicon to your complex.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Vaikran

Vaikran avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well i removed all the extra Ore mines that gave me an excess of 37k ore/hour, which let me to cut back on solar power plants and crystal fabs, ect needed to run the hole thing. Ill still make an estimated 30 mill/hour

Currently my silicon wafer usage is at -2/hour lol I will probably end up just removing one of the two microchip factories so this can be fully automated.

So now i would like advice on the best way to sell my products if anybody has ideas Smile

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
―Alice in Wonderland
ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Have you considered the defensive requirements too? I'm not really sure how often the Aldrin systems are attacked, but I know they do get invaded by Xenon from time to time. I'm bringing this up more because of AI complications, with bigger ships of M6 and above there are issues with maneuvering in and out of the tubes between stations, I've Lost one of my stations because of this, small but notable.

Really it won't start to get hard until your complex starts to wind its way all over the place, which I'm sure it will Laugh Since you'll have two of each factory building everything in the game you should have laser towers to set up, that will make a nice defense against even M6 ships Flame , keep patrols of M3s and M6s flying around and you should be safe, I wouldn't expect an enemy bigger than an M6 to come around, but you never know.

I'm very curious to see this incredible complex, I know that if I were to attempt the same thing that I would get a ludicrous amount of lag, you'll have to post some screenshots when you finish, I'd love to see! Smile

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!
Vaikran

Vaikran avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I will post screenshots as the construction gets underway Smile i was thinking of possible posting M1s and a few M2s to take care of invaders. For now im currently stockpiling money and building reputation with all the races. Also working on the storyline missions so i can get the player HQ

―Alice in Wonderland
Cachurro

Cachurro avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

I tried something similar back in TC. I even tractor beamed the mines and built a tight complex. The result? Too much wasted time in micromanaging construction. If you want to use stations to bridge gaps between mines you won't be able to use Hephaisto's, so you will keep managing TLs and dropping stations and looking at that annoying station built sequence over, and over, and over... And the same goes for using the complex construction kits...
At some point I couldn't enter the sector without hanging the game. So that was the bitter end of that complex, as I couldn't construct there anymore.
If you still want to try, I recommend Savage Spur, that has 14% less silicon than Aldrin but all mines are close by, so you can use Hephaisto's for placing the factories. You will need to be friends with the Pirates/yaki, or blow out the pirate station in the NW (very far!) and close the S gate with a triad of M2s. Adding lots of lasertowers is a bad idea, you want to keep the number of objects to a minimum.
I personally went **Modified** and added the Complex Cleaner mod, that packs all factories of the same type into one, so my game does not freeze now when I enter the sector. I have some mining complexes in 5 sectors, and only one and enormous complex with more than 3000 factory sizes in the Hub. It's placed outside the sphere, so it's not visible (but enemies can attack it while OOS). I placed the docking port inside the sphere (close to the wall, and the HQ just below the Hub. The mines have only the minimum infrastructure to keep running (energy, crystals, food) and I haul enormous quantities of ore and silicon to the main complex. The total volume transported could be reduced some 30% by placing extra crystal fabs (and their food and energy) in the mining sectors and transporting crystals instead of silicon. But this defies the purpose of making one huge complex, and makes it unsuitable for feeding with mobile mining. I also use a mod that allows capital ships to dock at the complex docks, so I am currently hauling ores with atm lifters (oh yeah!).

Vaikran

Vaikran avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

one thing i noticed you can do, tho i dont know how bad the ramifications can be of doing so, is you can also stack stations on top of eachother. Sure they take a bit of shield loss, maybe 5-10% or so, but it builds back up quickly.
And i will try doing my complex build in Savage spur and see what Xadrian says.

―Alice in Wonderland
Vaikran

Vaikran avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Im hoping also with my computer build ill be able to handle a complex this size lol.

32 GB of ram
7970 Vapor-X Ghz edition 6GB Video card
8 core 3.6 processor

Guess we will see what happens

―Alice in Wonderland

You need to log-in to post here.