My first M2 what do you think witch one?

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » My first M2 what do you think witch one?

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok i have doubts between these ships:

Boreas
Python
Megalodon
Ray
Since i dont have enough money yet to equip fully Megalodon i think he's out of the picture, but please tell me which one should i choose.
Back when i played modded AP i always get Daedalus or Taipan (Cadius Xtra Shippack) but as im playing vanilla now its hard for me.
So what do you guys think?

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Why get the Python when you can get the Pteranodon for a nearly identical price? Eek

The Pteranodon has more shielding with an identical recharge, better acceleration, speed, and maneuvering (by a ton), almost +1,000 cargo space, not to mention that even with that price it comes with 16 freaking hangars! that's one squardon and room for a personal fighter or two! the only thing this ship has less of than the Python is weapon energy, and I can personally tell you that it doesn't affect the ship much at all. The frontal weapons are even player controlled! That's unique to this ship!

I load it out with Ion Shard Railguns (ISRs) in all but the main guns, which I place Photon Pulse Cannons in. If I've managed to acquire any, I put PALCS in the back for anti missile.

The ship has a slight issue with fighers, but either a full compliment of PLACS in the secondary guns, or that fighter wing can fix that problem very quick!

Also, this makes a good player ship, which none of the others do quite as well as this one will, however, if you're going to let it be controlled by the game's AI, then I'd suggest the Megalodon.

Boreas
Python
Megalodon
Ray
- XeNoN

If I had to choose from your selection though, I would choose the Boreas for its large array of brutal weapons, which include flak weapons, and its slightly better price, you just can't go wrong with the Boreas, imo.

Decent speed for an M2, and looks nice'n handsome! Wink

I've never even used the Ray before, you'll have to get someone else's opinion on that one. The Python just doesn't compare to the other ships, especially with the Pteranodon as an alternative.

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

myself, ill go for the Megalodon. Its one of the best ships in the game, so wait a little longer and get one of them.

The Boreas used to be the best, but lost its position now. Its good, just a bit of jack-of-all trades kind-of ship now.

As for the Ray, for some reason (other than the Megalodon) I dont like the Boron caps, dunno why.

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

With almoust 15 mill's credits per 1-2 h from my complexes i think ill buy 1 meg + 1 or 2 Cobra's its time for me to get the King (meaning Xenon I) Big grin.
In less than 70 h ive collected around 500 million credits (with my exploits ofc xDDDD).
Tomorrow ill buy meg and maybe Pteranodon + 2 Cobras ill see, when i expand my fleet ill post it here ^^.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

Am I missing something? Why not just script in what you want and/or try them all if you are just cheating anyway. Will save time and RL money by doing so.

If it was legit play, I would recommend a Boreas as it is pretty good then later get a Megalodon and use the Boreas as support or in a capital patrol. Since it's not - just get a bunch of Megalodons, can't go wrong with overwhelming force.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

I dont think Xenon is cheating as such, but using a exploit to make money Smile

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I play vanilla game with Bonus Pack, i wanna get all achievements hehehehe.
Exploit and cheating isnt the same hehehehe.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

LoL! Exploiting bugs is the definition of cheating. But whatever you say.

But still Megalodons, lots of em.

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Nope it isnt, if you cheat youre using codes/scripts to get what you want, exploiting is the form of the game's infrastructure which has bugs, on Egosoft forum the Lasertower exploit is not considered exploit at all as many people think, because when you buy Cerberus,Mammoth, cap the Carrack and any ship that uses PBC, then how can you get it? With that exploit...then if you have surplus of PBC's why not sell it and make money.
The real cheating in X3 AP/TC is:
When you have the script like Cycrow's Cheat Packages or something simmilar.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

LoL! Exploiting bugs is the definition of cheating. But whatever you say.

But still Megalodons, lots of em.
- Sinxar

I think it's somewhat fair, it still takes more work than getting it via the cheat pack because you still have to get the equipment to start it, it just sounds alot like farming in an MMO to me. You could do similar with asteroids too if you wanted to. There's also a small sense of accomplishment when using bugs, where with the cheat scrips there is practically none.

However, some people will have their own views on it, just depends on the person. Smile
(not to mention that it keeps the game as vanilla!)

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

You can justify it anyway you like. Like I said:
whatever you say
- Sinxar

We all know that no matter what I say or do it is disregarded as garbage anyway. Duping items is not cheating. Do it in WoW, its only farming.

Cachurro

Cachurro avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

There are 2 things here: playing vanilla vs going modified on one hand, and playing as intended by the designers vs. exploiting bugs on the other.
I went **modified** in order to use the Complex Cleaner. And also collect PBCs by destroying lasertowers. So I play a modified game and do some exploits. But don't mine and sell nividium inside ships. It took me months to build the only factory complex I have at the gate hub (with more than 3000 size factories). And when I look at it I have some sense of accomplishment. Games are for having fun, anyway you want.

You need to log-in to post here.