Shady Business (Centaur's are so annoying)

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Shady Business (Centaur's are so annoying)

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok funny thing is i like to blowing stuff up, but after 2-3 h of "Guess the odds you winning this, yeap you lose", 3 Centaur's spawn either on me or my complexes...ok i tought its going to be a big battle but end result prove otherwise.
Its fun for first few times but 10 times in less than 2 h is started to pissing me off.
So what i did is buy 5 Auster Hauler's each equipped with almoust full cargo of Tomahawks, got my fully equipped Meg to patrol, deployed 20 Lasertower's and what happens:
Again they contact me before invasion and after only 2-3 seconds they dissapear from sector map xDDD.
My question is when exactly invasions stop?

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

You didnt have it as bad as me. I had 3/4 x M6's, an M7's (or two) and even Yaki M2 spawn at my factories. Like you said, it is very annoying when it happens, and it doesnt stop for ages. Sometimes I had a save before they spawned, and if they spawned at my factories I could reload and get them spawn on me.

However it does finally stop. I think around Miscalculation, ie. hence where there is a long delay before you get the next part.

ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

It will continually get worse and worse, eventually you will get M7s and perhaps an M2 or M1, it will eventually end, once you get the Achinonyx Prototype they stop attacking.

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!
XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ye i know, got Acinonyx today i had once wave of 2 m2's 1 M7 and 3 M6 -.- (last wave), but took care of it with the Meg xD.
Anyway about waves (who wants to know when they stop and how much waves accually):
1st wave: 1 M6
2nd wave: 2 M6
3rd Wave: 3 M6
4th Wave: 4 M6
5th Wave: 4 M6 1 M7
6th Wave: 5 M6 or 4 M6 2 M7
7th wave: 5 M6 2 M7
8th Wave: 5 M6 2 m7
and 9th or 10 th wave: 5 M6 2 M7 + m1 or m2

On 8th/9th wave you should get the message.
At least this boosted my fight rank :P hehehhe.

PS the mission in Xenon graveyard is hard as shit, ive repaired my Aci to 57 % but i think ill do it up to 100 % because 190 m/s is more than enough to outrun Xenon Ships. The only thing that pisses me off are Detector beeps.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I had fun with that Xenon graveyard, potentially you could really screw up your game. Save in the wrong place, with the wrong setup and you could basically end your vanilla game.

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yea true.
But i can say dude that Acinonyx is the best corvette i ever flew with, i owned almoust whole Xenon fleet (Shady Business during cease fire part (terran + Argon vs Xenon invasion)) with only Acinonyx + Hammer Torpedo spamming, didnt had missiles for M2's and M1's but damn...this M6 is crazy...
Also ive managed to max its speed to 200 M/s :S, couldnt more because i had alot of Xenon on my ass. xD

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

well it might be, however in the graveyard I had M1s, M2s, M7s, M6s etc. after me. Unless you get your speed-up (like over 120m/s), your just a sitting duck. Cant say I was too keen on the front ISRG to be honest. Nice effect with the guns spinning although.

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ive repaired my acinonyx to 80 % so i can evade easily.
Best way is first collect shields, fighter drones then go to the rest, oh yea ive got lucky and got 5 Phased Array laser Cannon's so now i have 8 or 9 total, think ill buy now Pteranodon hehe.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin

You need to log-in to post here.