Help figuring out this lag

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Help figuring out this lag

Vaikran

Vaikran avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

:sad for some unknown reason i lag horribly on the X3AP Rebalance mod and i was wondering if anybody had similar problems and found any reliable solutions. No it is not because of the lack of hardware.

System Specs:
Windows 7
Crosshair V Formula Z motherboard
8-Core Processor
32 GB of ram
Vapor-X 6GB Video card
1.2 TB SSD/HDD Hybrid

“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here.”
―Alice in Wonderland
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

hmm.. well X3AP is a single-core game - so it doesnt benefit from more cores. However, saying that surely your CPU is powerful enough? although you didnt tell me what it was, nor the clock-speed Smile

have you got any virus-scanners enabled? as these can cause some serious extra load for your CPU.

What percentage does you system sit idle at? It should be very low, like 0-1%

FlashOver

FlashOver avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Except for the official bonus package I do not use mods myself. Have you checked that it is your system, not the mod? If you disable the Rebalance mod, does the game work perfectly fine then?

Vaikran

Vaikran avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

It was only a noticeable change after I did an AMD driver update. Going back to the old driver did not fix the problem but I read that a number of people have had the same problem with updating the ATI graphics drivers for their video cards. I was wondering if there was any other solution then to just roll back the drivers on my operating system?

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
―Alice in Wonderland
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

did you try what flash said; try the game without the mod? ie. check to see if the mod was causing slow-downs?

also, what was your cpu?

Vaikran

Vaikran avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

FX-8150 3.6ghz 8-core and ill givei t a shot and post my results shortly on if the lag persists

―Alice in Wonderland
Vaikran

Vaikran avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

The game works perfectly smooth without the mod yes

―Alice in Wonderland
redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

It could be something coded into the mod that affects the graphics in game, this would then maybe clash with your updated graphics thus causing the lag. I know it seems weird but that did happen to me in Skyrim as well.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

Most likely it is the engine trails. That is one of the single largest performance killers in the mod. Make sure you turn down SETA to 6x or less as well. Allowing enemy ships to use MARS really hurts the game also so disable that if you enabled it.

Vaikran

Vaikran avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well even standing still watching a ring circle a station i can see the lag and skips. Also when i try to scroll through the stocks lists it lags horribly were i get maybe 1 frame every 2-3 seconds or worse. Turning my ship creates extremely noticeable lag also. Dunno if the engine trails will effect things like this.

―Alice in Wonderland
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

sounds a bit bad if the mod is causing the game to slow-down. The best thing to do is to ask the actual people who made the mod: X3 Rebalance Mod.

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Imo either you installed XRM in a wrong way, or its some driver fault, for instance i have sh***ty pc from 2006 (some hardware updated at generation 2008), weird thing is i have better fps with XRM than vanilla lol.
Roguey@
From X3AP the multi core processor's are supported btw, X3R had bottleneck at Single Core cpu's Smile.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

XRM uses far less processor power than vanilla because a lot of the performance hogging effects of vanilla have been removed/replaced. Nebulae, for instance, are much thinner in the XRM, and entering a nebulous sector is a far smaller performance hit than in the vanilla game.

@XeNoN: I didn't know AP supported multi-core processors, that's another reason for me to finally give it a shot :P

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Kirlack@
Just to be sure check egosoft's forum's im pretty sure i've read somewhere there that X3Tc and AP support multicore cpu's.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

RE: Above. Concensus on Ego's forums indicates that you can get a small boost because other cores will handle whatever else is going on in your machine ..... leaving X to run on a single core. There is probably more tech. info. available if you can be bothered looking it up, but I thought that's one of the reasons that Rebirth has taken so long to arrive as it needed a new multi-thread capable engine.

I am an Alien!
Vaikran

Vaikran avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

It is possible that its the drivers fault. I think i mentioned before that it worked more or less well enough before this new GPU update that came out this month... but ever since then even if i roll back my drivers to previous versions the lag wont go away

―Alice in Wonderland
1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.