X3 AP 3.0 (modded and vanilla) "issue" with RF scr

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » X3 AP 3.0 (modded and vanilla) "issue" with RF scr

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

RF means Rapid Force or Rapid Response btw :P.
Anyways im looking for some mod/fix that can fix this issue for example, when im doing Kill All Xenon or simmilar Xenon invasion mission, the race response ships spawn x2 or more ships M1/m2 on 1 M7 for example. Which is really frustrating.
So im looking for the fix if someone knows.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

What about deleting the plugin.rrf. set of scripts? surely that should delete them?

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Wiseguy lol...i dont want to delete them im searching a mod that set's the strength's of the responses etc.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

hehe. sorry, just how I feel about them sometimes Smile

Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

I like how they keep the sectors clean from being swamped by enemies the residents are too dumb to kill themselves. However I had the same problem like you and thus made their response a tad less rapid. I've also disabled it for friendly sectors as long as my Playership is in there (which effectively fixes your problem). Fighting them is kind of fun after all especially once they start jumping all over the place because their hull is toast Wink.

redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hammerit, how did you disable them for friendly sectors as long as your playership is there?

Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I used the big modding hammer I've got in my shed Wink. It's been ages since I did it though. Far as I remember the rrf scripts are a huge mostly undocumented mess. However they have a central control (monitor?) that evaluates possible targets. I can have a look around if you want, should be rather easy to find.

I guess I should really think about releasing all the fixes I've made over the years lol

redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

If your not modding the game, I want to complete it on vanilla for some odd reason, then I would love to know so I can correct this as well.

Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Sure thing I'll take a look in the meantime and tell you how to fix it or provide a little mod when you need it ^^. I completed the game several times in vanilla too before I started modding. But at some point I finally decided to take matters in my own hands and fix all those bug that's been bugging me the whole time myself Wink.

Never looked back ^^.

You need to log-in to post here.