Another commodity Logistics question (vanilla)

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Another commodity Logistics question (vanilla)

stanbaker

stanbaker avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Actually two. Sorry.

First, what would be the best method for keeping a remote EQD stocked for resupply of a regional fleet?

Second, lets assume the answer is one of the two CLS methods. At what rank will the CLS stock its ECs and jump directly from the supplier to the consumer, and not fly the slow-boat-to-China route?

Thanks a bunch!

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

1) CLS :p

2) Cargo Messenger (Level 4 0f 6) You still need to set up his auto jump feature in the CLS menu, but if you set it up right, he'll run forever without your help (short of getting destroyed).

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

There is a 'readme' file with all ranks that comes with the bonus pack.........e.g.
"Cargo Messenger
The cargo messenger is able to use up to 15 stops in total in the
tour. He is also able to use modern Jumpdrive technology to move
around more quickly. The cargo messenger is paid a wage of 30
credits per Mizura flown, paid after each trip."

I am an Alien!
Zipmeister

Zipmeister avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

I add wares to a Teladi trading station and set a commercial agent (Springblossom) to buy stuff. Wares for quests, jump fuel, Resources, Weapons, shields. Anything really. I have an Atmospheric lifter parked close with freight drones to increase my capacity beyond the station's limits on each item. Outfitting is done by transporter from the lifter.
You might need satelites to keep accurate data on the stations you want to farm. I can add and remove items without needing to add waypoints. It's a fire and forget for commonwealth goods.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

If you want a quick way to cargo messenger without training, you can hire your guys at the trade station in herons nebula. This is assuming you are friendly with the argon. Just hire/fire them until you get a cargo messenger level pilot, saves a lot of time and effort.

redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

How do you hire? I just usually click the Start External Commodity Logistical and then I have my trader. Can anyone tell me how to hire the pilots?

Sheesh, figured I would know most of this stuff by now but oh noo....always learning something.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

That is what's great about X, there is sooo much to it that you will always be learning new things!

Clicking 'Start ECL' is hiring the pilot, just dock the ship at the Trade Station in Herrons, click on the Start ECL and it will have an already experienced Pilot in the seat! Simple as that!

I will be the one to take you down!
redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

ok thanks random!! I will have to try that out with my next set of trade ships.

Cachurro

Cachurro avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

If you're at war with the Argon, keep some cheap CLS2 ships (M5s) moving from one station to another. It just takes time to train. You can tell when they are ready if you set the auto naming. I usually train in batches of 10 until Cargo Messenger, and then transfer their pilot to the final ships.
Oh, and the best way to keep an ED resupplied is with CLS1 homebased in the factories that provide the needed resources. For stuff you don't produce (yet!), have a CAG buy them for you (homebased at the ED).

You need to log-in to post here.