Wondering if people are watching this?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Wondering if people are watching this?

Gomorragh

Gomorragh avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

Seeing some of the stuff going on with Star Citizen i am partially wondering if the sort of people who destroyed the x games have now jumped ship and are trying to turn every other game into the mess they made. Personally i am thinking that Brabens effort might be the way to go, especially since hes using his own engine in the game.

Also i though someone may as well post a thread at least to one of the games that brought out and defined the genre

Cmdr Gomorragh - Stares at players, just waiting ......
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

I think the only downside (to what I hear about Elite-D) is people are not liking the guild wars 2 style events. ie. Say there is an event happening near you, so everyone flies over there and ends up in a massive battle. Often these events can be become very confusing.

Maybe it might play differently? not sure until release to be honest.

Elsenor

Elsenor avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 9 years ago.

So far it does look good, but I would like to exit the ship and walk around even if it is just inside the station. Landing on the planets would be fantastic. Thank you for the site and the advice to try this game. An excellent shop for every thing one could need Rooguey.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

but I would like to exit the ship and walk around even if it is just inside the station. Landing on the planets would be fantastic.
- Elsenor

Well, planet landing will be done after release. As for walking around, I think thats something they would like to do, although if it will make it to the game is another thing.

Elsenor

Elsenor avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 9 years ago.

I wonder if they have thought of repairing the ship from outside. Walking around your own ship would be great. Perhaps having robots do it while we supervise ensuring that every robot is working. Buying the robots would be expensive but fun to use. How about voice com with the little fellows.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

I think the release will be a little bare-bones, so its doubtful you will see a lots of small details. To me its a shame planet landing isnt there, as it was a big part of the older Elite's.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

I'm just wondering if planet-landing and other DLCs are going to be free. Since they would give DLC owners some benefits, asking money would lead to (pay-to-win) situation?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

To be honest I dont think DLC's will be free. Awhile back there was a deal way back which said pay us £100 for access to the alpha/beta and all DLC's, and I think season ticket was being sold too.

You need to log-in to post here.